Catalyst Failed (can a moderator lock this ****)

But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart.”

-1 Samuel 16:7

Closing this ticket as user error. Unable to recreate this “bug”.

1 Like

The righteous hate what is false, but the wicked make themselves a stench and bring shame on themselves.
Proverbs 13:5

1 Like

“but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”

-Isaiah 40:31

“thou shalt not be stupid then blame it on a ui bug”
–Anna

3 Likes

And I swear I had the winning powerball ticket. Since I say its true, they should give me my winnings lol.

1 Like

Yea like I said it doesn’t matter anymore

1 Like

Another one of these threads. Wow. Do you not read the tooltip before you press ok? It even asks if you’re sure. It clearly shows that there’s no tier bonus on the non-tier slots. It’s also been announced and beaten like a dead horse for weeks leading up to this.

If you don’t see a set bonus in the item preview tooltip – you don’t get a set bonus on the created item.

This really isn’t that hard to understand.

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”

-Psalm 23:4

The confusion comes from people not understanding what the word tier means. Tier =/= set bonus.

God is dead
And no one cares
–Trent Reznor

4 Likes

i care… about you

Tier sets, which is how catalyst was positioned and marketed, wasn’t distinguished from tier bonuses.
Not everyone is an inside and outside ugly person who trolls forums and/or spends their time researching the game beyond what the game presents to them.
So there will be people who, quite logically, associate tier bonuses with getting tier set pieces.
So as this is the first time the catalyst can be used, and the tooltips clearly swapping an item to a tier piece in name, as a literal part of a tier set, and not distinguised from tier bonuses, people are going to happily convert a piece and expect the bonuses.

As much as it is impossible to see things from someone else’s point of view, give it a try.

1 Like

thank you I love you

Lmao everyone knows which slots can and can’t be tier.

Yeah, people make mistakes. And learn from them.

And some people say they lagged/bugged out/didn’t see it on their screen/didn’t work on their machine/etc. and blame the game or the system for their own error.

The latter kind of people get fried on the forums. Because everyone loves roasting a Karen.

Every slot does turn into tier and no I’m not a hardcore player.

You mean set bonus that is what you’re looking for. You did the wrong piece. Only the pieces that have a set bonus will produce a piece with set bonus. No where was it stated that if you plug a wrist item in you’ll get a set bonus. You will however get the wrists that go with that tier set.

This is what others said 8 hrs ago

You werent mislead you had a 2 set bonus and knew before you went to the cc which pieces qualified

An admission

No there is no logic when they dont read their screen

OP already had a 2 piece bonus and knew exactly which pieces carry the bonus and chose to ignore

1 Like

Nope, you’re wrong. Put in non tier, tooltip says you get tier. Without any other outside information, which shouldn’t be required, that’s a logical choice.

1 Like

I put in regular shoulders. I got tier shoulders. Catalyst Success!

3 Likes