Cataloged research

Capped on research with nothing to spend it on, great system :]

2 Likes

What so only casuals and alts get anything from research? I guess there’s nothing to do but farm rep for sockets an conduits then this week…

How did you guys cap so soon , are you not using them ?

Isn’t the cap 12,000? It’s been four days!

1 Like

Why wouldn’t you hand in the research for Archivist rep?
Or is this about hoping the DMF buff works, and you turn it all in on Sunday.

What does that mean?

1 Like

There are X number of players who are waiting to hand in their catalogued research, hoping the Darkmoon Faire +10% rep buff will work, thereby increasing their rep gains and pushing them to higher tiers of the Archivist.

The human racial has already proven to not increase rep gains, so it’s likely the DMF buff won’t either.

1 Like

Oh jeez I didn’t even notice there was a cap

Seems kinda… odd

I only have 4300. Have you been playing 24/7 since Tuesday?

1 Like

How can you have 12K already? Thanks to you they will probably nerf it.

I have 11k, it’s honestly not hard to reach cap if you’ve done all the one-time relic quest drops and killed a bunch of rares/looted chests daily.

But yeah, the issue is there’s not really anything to spend this currency on until the max rank. Sure you buy the upgrades at each tier, and the rank 4 upgrades will cost 4.5k, but there’s no real repeatable spending outside of the rift keys.

The hard cap on the currency just makes no sense, we’ve been through this with everything else this xpac so not sure why this is capped. Soul Ash and Stygia both have no cap anymore.

2 Likes

This on top of the fact that we get 500 ish rep per day, (takes about 3-5 hours of your time to achieve this much rep each day) makes this the worst designed rep ever implemented in wow

1 Like

The research is what’s capped at 12k. I only have 5k after 4 days.

Does anyone know if the Relic/Research item drops were nerfed?
I never really paid attention to how many i get from chests or rares, but just now i opened around 10 chests and killed a few rares and i got around 6 relic fragments plus anima (except the first rare i killed which dropped the 100 research purple item).
Im sure that i didnt get to 9k research by looting 6 relic fragments from chests.

Capped on being able to earn it each day is even worse, i want to farm more of it so i can get rep. But you know, blizzad only lets you have fun for as long as they allow it.

They capped it, idk why, but you are limited to a given number per day now, from all sources. excluding the quest rewards.

You cant even kill the glowing mobs to get them to drop, once you reach the cap they stop spawning the glowing mobs. So honestly dont even both with the upgrade taht lets you see them.

As i sit here literally needing 31 more to get to t4.

You need to go out and touch grass or something. You play too much and the average player is nowhere near capped.

This aged well :joy: there’s a cap on daily research now because of 24/7 no lifers like op.

1 Like

The why is obvious. Players have more fun if they are forced to stop playing the way they want to play and have to wait for an arbitrary daily reset before being allowed to continue playing the way they want to. It also means that you will run out of things to do on a daily basis, which is awesome, and you won’t run out of long-term things to do for a long, long time, which is really beneficial to player enjoyment!

Have I earned a payslip yet, blizzard?

$0.11 has been deposited to your account

11 cents?

Marcene, fetch tha thimble, we’s gettin’ some fancy rice fer tha possum soup!