Cataclysm: Mounts, Pets, and More

Cataclysm: Mounts, Pets, and More

As a part of our ongoing series of articles featuring many of the collectibles in World of Warcraft, we’ve set our sights on Cataclysm. Dig into the many riches found in this expansion.

View Full Article

5 Likes

When it comes to the many changes Cataclysm brought to the game world, I personally enjoyed Mount Hyjal when it came to questing.

Mount Hyjal had some really cool quest-lines in the area. I especially liked the quest where you saved the bear cubs in the trees and throwing them onto a trampoline.

As for mounts, I remember riding my camel mounts all over the place. Especially in Tanaris and Uldum. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Is this some sort of joke?

Like cataclysm brought archeology something that you abandoned and have no plans to even currently buff the fragments per site by alot to make it less tedious.

And yes there’s TWO mounts from cataclysm archeology and they are so damn rare and tedious to get even target the races to get them.

It’s really weird to see cataclysm overrall with all of this archeology talk lately.

4 Likes

What we need is another Cataclysm.

3 Likes

I knew there was something I was forgetting to do: Cata Raids.

1 Like

FYI both mounts can drop from firelands on the same run.

I speak from experience.

3 Likes

The Molten Front was pretty cool, too, especially for the time. Unlocking areas and saving up marks for gear, toys, mounts, and pets. Choosing which side you wanted to work on from day to day. Working on achievements to get the Veteran of the Molten Front meta-achievement… And Firelands was great, too.

2 Likes

I notice you listed the brown camel twice and omitted the grey camel (not that I’m convinced it really exists)

2 Likes

I’m planning on spending quite a lot of time in Shadowlands going over old xpacs. Mostly because it’s the least stressful way for me to wait for whatever new iteration of hell called “pathfinder” is foisted on us (do the minimum to get pathfinder part 1, then move on to the old xpacs, trying out new race/class combos in leveling, hitting old raids, etc.).

It’s probably too long to list in the small box they had for drop sources… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve actually seen someone with the title that comes with it though!

1 Like

It exists lol, I have one! Just takes time, or luck!

1 Like

Y’all really spelled bloodlord mandokir wrong on your own website

I can 2nd that.

Got the Drake of the north wind to drop a couple of years ago doing a transmog run. It dropped again for me during this last time walking cata event a week, or so ago. Traded it to someone in group doing the /roll thing. Made someone happy. Also got the rare dragon from Deepholm. Cata was one of my favorite expansions. I know it get’s a lot of hate on this forum, but most of the people I know in game really enjoyed Cataclysm. Got goblins, and Worgen as playable races to :slightly_smiling_face: Oh, and all those hunter tamable rares :+1:

Oh Cata.The time when Blizzard first started to turn in to the company we love to hate today.Sad that they aren’t even a shadow of the great game makers they used to be.

1 Like

Where are the others?