Cataclysm Classic: What to play in the meantime?

While Cataclysm Classic is as buggy as it is, I’ve decided to just not play it for now, and I’ll (most likely) come back when things are sorted out.

So, in the meantime, what are people doing? Are you playing anyway? Are you playing other versions of WoW, or just other games?

Any recommendations? Outside of WoW my gotos are APEX Legends and The Finals.

:woman_shrugging:

Can I have your gold?

No Man’s Sky is wonderful, and you could always segue into the Assassin’s Creed universe to fulfill that open world gameplay need. You could also check out the Ori series, or go way out into left field with the Tales series of games. (Tales of Symphonia, Vesperia, etc.)

1 Like

I like FF14. The free trial lasts 2 expansions now, so easily 150 hours of content for free with no monthly sub, and then once you complete those 150 hours, you can still do all the side content too.

Do you have gamepass?
If so I recommend Dead Island 2, or Farcry 6 if you want a good solo game.

Eiyuden Chronicles if you like JRPGs its the spiritual successor to the old Suikoden series.

Or Flight Sim if youre just trying to vibe out.

1 Like

If I gave away my gold, it would mean I have no intention to come back to the game. I’d like to play Cata Classic, but I just want to grind honor gear and queue skirmishes… I don’t want to play talent reset simulator, game crash simulator, or haha the Esc. Key doesn’t work with this interface panel simulator.

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ll probably get 450 archaeology and finish keystone master in dragonflight s4. By then we’ll have the new diablo 4 season on the 14th, then a couple days later we’ll have MoP remix+ghosts of tsushima pc release on the 16th. And then 4 days after that we’ll have cata classic. Hopefully cata is fixed, I’ll still be leveling/gearing regardless as I expected “most” of the major game breaking bugs (for example death knight tanks are getting crit currently) to be fixed.

If cata classic is still in a garbage state as it is currently, I’ll probably divert to playing tsushima/mop remix until then. I cant imagine it’ll take more than couple months post live prepatch to fix this.

I will come back when they make permanent wrath classic server options so I can play both cata and wrath classic.

I am also not surprised in the slightest that cata classic is so buggy. I knew things would be bad. And I should have just joined a wrath private server from the beginning in 2019. None of my time would have been wasted, and I would still have all my stuff and characters, not moved forward into cata.

Kind of funny actually. Private servers probably have better quality cataclysm servers. Like good lord.

1 Like