Cataclysm Character Boost Available for Death Knight if I don't Have a Level 55 Already?

I am wondering whether I will be able to boost a death knight to level 80 if I buy the new Cataclysm upgrade if I don’t already have a level 55 character in Wrath/Cata classic. I don’t want to use the boost on a different character and then have to level a DK from 55.

I guess we’ll find out definitively on Tuesday if they are making any changes, but currently you can’t creat me a death knight if you do not already have a level 55 character on that server, so right now you could not do this as far as I know.

:woman_shrugging:

I’m 99% sure they removed the requirement to have a level 55 character to make a DK. I’m just not sure if it’s still removed or was added back after that “level a dk for a mount in retail wow” promotion.

Initially it was removed but Blizzard put the restriction back into effect. I’m pretty sure that you won’t be able to boost a DK if you don’t already have a level 55 character simply because you won’t be able to make a DK.

You are unable to make a DK without a level 55 on the server you’re making it on.

It was reinstated (maybe 8-10 months ago?) bc it was feeding the bot problem.

Edit - though even prior to that you could still only create your first DK on any server without restriction as a way to speed newcomers into current content. Subsequent DKs were still subject to the requirement.

you must have a 55 on the realm to make a DK.

Thanks everyone for the responses! This policy will keep me from spending the $80 on the cata boost - thanks for saving me money, Blizz!

1 Like

Ahmen brother, exact same sentiment from me as well! Saved me some cash no doubt.

1 Like