[CATA] Professions showing 0/0 after boost

You are right. Cataclysm is not priority.

1 Like

So is blizzard just hoping everyone who bought a boost gives up and quits the game? this is ridiculous no response still and cata launches in 3 days but dont worry you can still buy the boost and brick your other characters before launch.

1 Like

The reason why this isn’t priority for them is because fixing it doesn’t bring them more income. The broken boosts were already paid for, that being said because it is pretty common knowledge that a fresh character works they are probably making more income by people rolling fresh characters and boosting those instead of waiting for the fix. I myself have 2 characters affected because I took a break during wrath and wanted to boost some of my alts up for professions. Out of the 2 affected by this one of them is what I planned to main in cata (mage) I considered boosting a fresh mage just to fix this… I didn’t because it seems very wasteful but think of how many people who did because they don’t have the patience to wait for the fix.

1 Like

They are for sure losing money on this. The people buying boosts are the same ones buying tokens, xfers, other boosts. Everyone that is impacted is less likely to spend money in the future.

2 Likes

Blizzard, Microsoft, whatever, have your AI read this please.

2 Likes

Welp, new post up about the launch, zero mention of this game-breaking bug.

As has been said elsewhere in this thread: if your outrage is for real (and I’m not calling into question the validity of it because I am pissed as well!), then you need to hit them where it hurts: in the wallet. None of you will get a refund from blizzard. You need to fight the charge with whichever company/method of payment you used. None of us will get the time back that we lost with this ONGOING bug. But disputing the charge WILL make blizzard take notice.

And don’t believe all the boogeyman tales about how disputing a charge will get your account banned. Yeah, maybe if you are a bot or acting like a bot, disputing charges left and right, that’s certainly going to get you account flagged. Otherwise, we all have rights as consumers. We were sold a broken product, then told there wasn’t a problem, then told there was a problem but no timeline on a fix, then denied refunds, and then subjected to watching said company continue to sell the broken product, thereby accumulating more and more bricked characters who file more and more reports which just backlog their already stressed and poorly managed system further. I’m not asking for anyone to feel sorry for Blizzard. Hell no. But this bug is NOT getting fixed anytime soon ™, if the last two weeks is any evidence. So dispute the charge, get your money back. It won’t unbrick your progressions, but if there is some small measure of vengeance you are looking for, if you want your pound of flesh from blizzard, then spend the 5-10 minutes asking your payment method of choice for a refund instead.

I now consider myself lucky that I spent the time and effort to level my main the old fashioned way. So at least my main character isn’t bricked.

5 Likes

Professions still broken.

1 Like

If you get the money from the boost refunded, your character will get locked in the character selection screen until you apply another boost to the character. This happened to me, but I’m just leaving it locked at this point. The purpose for my boost was professions and I ended up leveling my other toon with the professions I wanted on the boosted character. F*** Blizzard, greedy dog company

Yeah, that’s what I pretty much determined would happen. Sadly, I’ll leave it, and continue complaining. It’s dead wrong to hold a character hostage on the premise that you owe Blizzard money because you disputed a service that was - by Blizzard’s own admission (“not working as intended”) - BROKEN. They admit it’s broken. That’s tantamount to saying, “We can sell you garbage and once we have your money, you’re out of luck, because we can do whatever we want and if you don’t pay us we’ll just deny you service even though we definitely sold you something broken.”

At any rate, it’s not a big deal to me. As I’ve said, I’m happy to pay for the boost when it is working as intended. If Blizzard wants $60 instead of the sale rate I paid, I’m not likely to bother - hell if I’m going to let them profit further from this mess. But I’d consider repaying the original amount if they ever fix the issue.

1 Like

Still bugged.

I played first Cataclysm. Good time when we had support and boost also max our profession.

Now boost don’t work, bug our profession and we have no support.

Weird. As of last night my character was still working as intended. Maybe some lag time on the refund to character lock anyways? Also it’s comical because locking the character at this point is basically the same as having the wheels stolen from your car, and then having your parents take your keys to punish you. It wasn’t like most of us were going to play the bricked characters anyways. Lock away, I guess. Blizzard doesn’t get their money, and we are barred from logging into a character we couldn’t play anyways.

Again, heads we win (a Pyrrhic victory), tails they lose.

Card issuers don’t immediately yank funds back from the business - I mean, they start that process, but it takes time. You see the credit on your account because AMEX fronted that to you (for now.) Yes, they’ll be yanking funds from Blizzard through their payment processor, but the actual chargeback won’t hit Blizzard for a few days yet.

As you used AMEX, it also depends on what type of dispute they filed - AMEX works a bit differently from MC and VISA, and if they filed an initial retrieval request, that means they’re not going to yank funds from Blizzard YET - they will only do so if Blizzard doesn’t respond to the request or responds and AMEX sides with you, their cardholder. Then they’ll escalate to a financial chargeback, where funds actually move.

1 Like

I don’t believe, 17 days.

3 Likes

Blizzard just delete my professions please I will level them from scratch. How is this so hard for them just reset the professions

3 Likes

They need to fix, I don’t want to lose 2 professions 425+

1 Like

Because not everyone will want that, to put it rather mildly. Although, at this point, once they fix this I think they should just max (to 450) every affected profession. That’s what we all would have done prior to launch anyway (ok, speaking for myself, but I think it’s a fair bet most would have worked to max out profs before the launch.)

1 Like

Bumping yet again

1 Like

Yes I even gave the GM my profession levels before the boost so they just have to “type” in the numbers …but no I still keep getting the “canned response” to my ticket on 0/0 profession after boost. I have had at least 4 responses to my ongoing ticket and each is getting nastier…I dont care my responses are too. Each time I also demand a Blue Post in the forums out of professional courtesy…haha. So I still type here and keep my ticket to Blizz open and on going…

1 Like

Oh Ya and one of the “canned responses” to my ticket is …we know of the problem…we are working on it…BUT have no idea when it will get fixed … :rofl: amazing! If this was retail or SOD it would have been fixed already!

2 Likes