Cata is coming too fast

It wasn’t largely well received. Mythic Lite dungeons have been a toxic, gatekept nightmare.

And they’re completely unnecessary in Cata where the dungeons are already much harder and stayed relevant the entire expansion.

1 Like

It was well received by players. Maybe not well received by forum users that barely touch the game.

I can’t find a single person that was unhappy about getting their Death’s Verdict, Flare of the Heavens, or Reign of the Unliving before ICC.

Everyone I talk to in-game hates it, actually.

And people who like it as a catch-up mechanic don’t understand that dungeons would have stayed relevant if RDF had been in from the start with the last Emblem system.

In Cata they’re 100% pointless. Other than to promote toxicity and push the Retail e-sport design where everything has to scale with you and you’re not allowed to grow stronger relative to the content you’re doing.

1 Like

They still are, at all difficulties. Ordinary Heroics can still be used to gear up, and once you’re done with those, you can use H+ to fill in the slots the game doesn’t give you.

The main complaints about H+ being toxic come from people who queue into it with a lower ilvl than they should because they bumped it up with random non-beneficial gear. Trying to skip ahead is where people get roadblocked, for good reason.

1 Like

Once you start putting in more and more difficulty versions, previous ones become completely abandoned. Which of course is exactly what happened. That stinks of Retail design.

Normal and Heroic is all you need. Getting previous tier gear from doing Heroics was great design. You don’t need current tier gear from doing dungeons.

1 Like

You’re great at telling people you don’t actually play the game. Heroic dungeon queues still consistently pop off with little wait, except maybe in the middle of the night.

LOL. Ok.

2 Likes

Can confirm. I’ve been getting a few new classes to 80, and as expected, the dps queue is longest, but it’s only around 5 minutes during prime time and 12 minutes during most other hours. Which is about as long as it’s always been, really.

Ok, well I just queued up in a random Heroic after he said that and it popped in about 10 minutes. Which is surprisingly low, so I’ll concede that. They used to be a lot higher. Which is interesting.

1 Like

Beta is up:

1 Like

let’s goooooo

I’d easily have my goals done on my two 80s by now, along with probably having an additional one or two to boot. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or, you know, the people who couldn’t find a Heroic group to save their lives pre-Dungeon Finder because everyone wanted the badge reward from the higher difficulty while keeping everyone out who actually might have needed the increased equipment.

Notably AFTER Dungeon Finder was introduced.

Signed up myself, which considering that the one mechanic I hoped SoD was going to remove still seems to be ingame, is about the only thing I care about that’s WoW-related now. :frowning:

1 Like

Get this over with asap so we can move on to MOP

proof? you cant just say no one likes it unless you show proof. i like them and most people i group with also like them

Each expansion lasting 12 months would be nice.

I wonder if, 3 entire months later with at least 2 more months still to go, OP still feels this way

1 Like

titan rune dungeons are pure cancer imo.

all they do are split the playerbase and make gearing a pain in the backside unless you have guildies to carry alts/tons of gold to buy gear or farm pvp gear.

noone wants to run anything other than fos to get the daily done if they even do the daily anymore, people straight up leave AN/old kingdom due to the aids web wrap affix/mechanic

3 Likes

Right now yes people only run FOS. i geared up so many of my characters spamming gammas. it made it feel much better then having to run 6 raids a week to gear up 1 character. instead i can spam gammas or titan runes and get relevant gear quickly.

You haven’t played Destiny 2 recently, then.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.