Cata Classic Patch Cadence is too extreme

Gee wiz cata is going to be over in a flash. Guess us casuals will just have to miss out? It’s almost like they want to skip over it to get to MoP. or MSFT have some alternative motive or something…

hate if you want, but they gave us cata classic because people wanted it. almost tempted to refund and not bother since I will have to commit so much time to it cuz if i Blink it’ll be gone.

Also, no pre-patch invasions?
what’s with the raid lockout?
bizzare announcement…

Shame, really.

1 Like

I think every expansion going forward will be 1 year approx.

Miss out on what? 3 months is enough for anyone to clear a raid tier on Normal mode.

1 Like

Pretty sure you still get that.

I forget if Deathwing burning zones happened before the pre-patch or not…I also forget if the pre-patch was when the zones were changed or if it happened when Cata released.

Cata was also pretty bad on content pacing.

The end goal is to have:
Year 1: Retail Expansion
Year 2: Classic Expansion
Year 3: Retail Expansion
Year 4: Classic Expansion
etc,etc

This gives them a psuedo ‘annual franchise’ with the WoW IP; each year a new expansion for one of their WoW variants.

Don’t quote me on this but I think the zones changed on release or close to it? I do remember there being earthquakes that increased in intensity and frequency the closer we got which is some nice story telling.

The invasions were fire elementals, I do remember that. I experienced most of mine at Thunder Bluff.

trust me the faster they finish it the better. if they let it ride their sub numbers will plummet

what if you play it at your own pace and not try to be a completionist?