<Casual> spam invites every day

Can you guys please stop?

3 Likes

Spam invites are definitely annoying but you can block them in-game

Interface Options > Social > Block Guild Invites

Accept then spam guild chat till kicked.

7 Likes

Yes is is true, you can block guild invites in the interface. That doesn’t stop ppl from using addons that spam ‘guild invite whispers’. Next step, turn off whispers in the interface? Ignore the person whispering you works, but that ignore list is only so long. The addons that allow someone to spam class, races, or levels should be removed. There is an individual on my realm that has most of my toons on ignore, yet I still receive the spam whisper, at least until I ignore them.

2 Likes

Haven’t had much guild recruitment spam since I came back for Classic and TBC. I’ve made it a point to simply report them for spamming. Which seems to have worked since I’ve gotten quite a few times a “Thank you for your report!” saying they took action in an in-game mail letter from Blizzard a day or two afterwards. And yes, Blizzard should absolutely break addons that allow guild recruiters to do this. It really shows a lack of quality if they have to resort to the same level as gold sellers to find members. Props to guilds that keep their recruitment adverts to general chat, where they belong.

1 Like

Whenever I get these spam whispers, I engage the person before ignoring them. I ask them if its an addon, which most admit it is. After that I will report and ignore. The idea of sending out mass whispers, even a handful at a time, in a “dragnet” fashion is a good definition of spam. I really hope that Blizzard at the very least will break these add-ons.