Casual PvP

I think the main issue for me was that I felt betrayed by Blizzard.

They hid the fact that top rated PvP gear could only be acquired by doing rated content.

They made that public three days before launch and after I had already purchased the expansion. I didn’t appreciate it.

Second, as a guy who just likes to play some randoms after work etc, I felt that the set up to actually participate in said rated material, actually took longer than the battlegrounds I wanted to play.

Third, I hated the whole booster thing that plagued the PvP community for two years. It was a disgusting format that made warcraft more pay to win than to just play and get better.

I wasn’t happy so I just said to myself nah.

I’m sure it didn’t hurt the wallet of Blizzard but I wanted to make my own personal statement of my dissatisfaction.

1 Like

I think its more so the fact that the game, as a whole, became worse after every expansion. Look at Wrath, where the game was at its peak in subs and in PvP participation. Gear was still locked behind rating, yet people were still playing.

Fair points, I think the whole legendary grinding was complete bullcrap this expansion. It did require A LOT of gold to purchase a legendary so I’ll give you that. Boosting was pretty bad this expansion in particular, but I remain somewhat hopeful (but at the same time, I dont?) because they’re separating Trade chat for that reason with an Advertising chat. They’ve been pretty good on posts in LFG too but there’s just so many mega communities that sell them that it’s hard to completely shut it down.

Me and you are a bit different on gearing though. I don’t mind that gearing is locked behind rating. I work as well, I don’t have a lot of time to play, (maybe 2 hours a day monday-friday) and I don’t have a problem gearing through rated. I play with friends, we get to decent rating (1800-2100) and we upgrade our gear. I don’t come across alot of problems, I have a fun time with friends, and then once we have our gear… we just WPvP and destroy players. 80% of the time though Im solo because I love solo wpvping.

1 Like

just q’ed rated for conquest arenas and rbg’s

So much of this expansion was about doing things you have to do in order to do what you want. Thank god DF is making things less complicated.

2 Likes

From what I understand it will have it’s ilevel until you engage in pvp combat. Like WoD and Mists I think did it that way as well.

1 Like

I’m going to need a source because I haven’t heard this anywhere from Dragonflight Q&As or interviews. The only thing we have heard is that War Mode will go off of base ilvl.

Are you assuming it’s going to be that way?

WoD? Yes. Mists? No. In Mists of Pandaria we had PvP stats. Gear still mattered though.

just about or you did? like almost getting pregnant

I mean you made a statement as well, and there is literally nothing on War Mode at all yet or how anything will work. I am basing it off how things worked in the past especially if they are using the “WoD gearing” system. If you are referring to the Holinka interview he was talking about the PvE ilevel scaling as it pertains to PvE content. He didn’t even mention War Mode. He used “outside world” as in things outside of instanced PvP or non PvP content. How it will work specifically in War Mode when engaged in PvP wasn’t talked about.

1 Like

I was going off the interview, linked in this thread:

Uh, no. It’s literally a PvP interview about gear rewards.

He was answering questions and this is what popped up. He literally says that they don’t want players running around in Honor gear (which is near heroic quality gear) or in Conquest gear (near mythic quality gear) out in world.

The takeaway from this interview is when he says, and I quote, “PvP ilvl currently works in the outside world, but our plan for it is to not. Upgrades are still going to exist, so if you’re a Gladiator level player, you can upgrade your gear with honor and it will upgrade your PvE ilvl.”

It’s important to note that even though he didn’t specifically state “War Mode” he mentioned how PvP ilvl currently works in outside world… But it only works when you have War Mode on. Your PvP ilvl currently doesn’t scale if you’re not in War Mode. He’s clearly talking about how it’ll apply to War Mode which is, it currently works, and plan is for it to not.

1 Like

Forgot to reply to this here but they aren’t using a “WoD gearing system.”

It’s a revised version of the Shadowlands gearing system. Yes, PvP ilvl is static in instanced content but upgrades still exist. Upgrades were a Shadowlands concept for PvP gear and wasn’t a thing for WoD. You’re upgrading the base ilvl of the gear though instead of PvP ilvl.

The upgrades is what will be used out in open world it seems like. And I think that’d a good thing.

sorry but i call BS man.

u farmed all that honor in 15 mins? or u mean u already had the honor from leveling?

Well it only takes around 9k-10k honor to get a full set of Honor gear. Alliance already gets increased honor, and if you’re doing an Epic BG and the Epic BG weekly quest is up, you can get a solid 4k honor right there. Not to mention, if its Ashran or Wintergrasp offensive, you can pick up the quests for what, an extra 2k-3k honor?

Might be a bit of an exaggeration of 15 minutes, maybe more like 30 or 45 minutes, but its definitely possible. You can also do the “A New Deal” Zereth Mortis War Mode quest which just requires you to collect things from NPCs/chests and that right there is a free conquest trinket and 500 honor. If you do Solo Shuffle (which on its own rewards a good 1k-2k honor plus the quest for 500 honor) that’s even more honor on top of it.

It’d take longer to upgrade it (maybe 2-3 hours if you really wanted it) but its definitely doable.

k

so ur getting like 10k+ honor per hour? bro teach me ur ways. ive been doing it so so wrong

I think he means unranked base honor pieces and although 10k is pushing it, on Alliance it might be possible I got about 10k in a few barely doing much. Really think it’s doable if it’s winning all these queues. (BG, brawl, shuffle.)

You also have a lot of those quests you can turn in as well.

yeah its def not bad if u got a main and stuff.

i boosted a mage and got it to 260 ilvl casually in like a day.

i just feel bad for the brand new players who dont have the renown tokens or conduit tokens or the conq boxes etc

Oh for sure, I mean this included would be a grind if you’re a new player.

I didn’t send over any conquest boxes when I boosted my Alliance priest, but I did buy the renown boost to 60 and the ilvl 200 conduit boost.

As for gear though, yeah it wasn’t that big of a grind. Alliance do well in epic BGs, there are a lot of epic BG premades so I mean it’s a given that you’re gonna win vs a pug and very easily at that. It’s a different story of youre losing though I guess. All luck but it’s possible for base honor gear.

So you realize when he says this it’s referring to right now if you have warmode on, as you know, it just uses your pvp ilevel. When he says they plan for it not to work it doesn’t talk about engaging in PvP combat in War Mode. What he seems to be addressing specifically is just world content in general. The reason this would have to change in DF is because there is just one honor gear and one conquest gear ilevel now. At the heroic and mythic levels which if that just scaled automatically it would be an issue for everyone who isn’t a pvper. It still doesn’t directly address actual PvP combat in War Mode though. Because even in your quote he says “PvE ilevel”. The reason right now it’s not that big an issue with PvP ilevel just working in War Mode at all times is because there isn’t just one PvP ilevel. I watched that interview. It was also the same day the expansion was launched. What the actual plans for WM or even PvP right now is largely unknown outside the gearing.

1 Like

Uh, yeah I know. He’s referring to right now. I thought it was obvious because PvP ilvl is only applied if you have War Mode on. He specifically says that the plan is for it to not.

I mean, if you want to wait until some concrete evidence is provided, go ahead, but Im going with this for now.

To me, I don’t think it’ll scale you to PvP ilvl even when you engage in PvP combat. It wasn’t mentioned at all that they were planning to go the WoD route of it scaling you when you engage in PvP combat.

What was mentioned though was the plans of PvP ilvl not working in War Mode.

There’s one big reason why I think it’s not going to work at all and it’s because of the following:

In Legion, when PvP talents were introduced, you couldn’t use your PvP talents whenever out in the open world unless you engaged in PvP combat.

They changed this with the addition of War Mode though in BfA. You’re technically considered to be in PvP combat at all times with War Mode enabled, which is the reason why you can use PvP talents at all times in open world.

It’s the same with current PvP gear - PvP ilvl isn’t applied if you’re not in War Mode, but it will be applied once you engage in PvP combat (even with WM disabled).

Considering that you’re considered to always be in PvP combat with War Mode on, they can’t make PvP gear scale upon “engaging in PvP combat.” It’s either disabled entirely in War Mode or PvP talents can’t be used at all times in open world, and only upon engaging in PvP combat can you use them.

How is it anything like getting pregnant?

I just saw this guy, and despite the “lmao”, he gotta lil bit of Hank Hill flatnass back there. He didn’t laugh it all off.
so, Don’t be saying “lmao”, when all you really doing is a bit of
flat cheek chucklin’”

Because ,We see yall,
And frankly,
thats all from around there that yall truly have to spare.

#orthotics

1 Like