Casual PvP

It took me about 15 minutes, literally, to get full honor gear, and about 2 hours to fully upgrade all of it.

I’m not sure why everyone is complaining about how much honor gear sucks. There’s still people that can one shot me, but if they aren’t careful I’ll two shot them, lmao.

There was three guys 72k HP hunter, 65k HP hunter and 45K HP hunter target a 32K HP mage that was too fresh from his respawn to attack yet. He was standing there shaking in his little mage boots. Hunters were all just standing there licking their lips, waiting.

About 7 days ago, I was in the same boat as that mage, but last night I killed all 3 of those hunters before they made it out of my spear.

4 Likes

I’ve been saying this too. I recently used my boost I obtained from preordering Dragonflight on my Alliance priest and within two days I was already at PvP ilvl 264.

I’ve been lazy lately and stopped gearing my priest, (been having a blast on my Survival Hunter) but I could easily get him to atleast 1950 to get him more conquest pieces.

I was thinking about leveling up a hunter, lol

Nobody is going to listen to a player who says he got full honor gear in 15 minutes because that is pure bs.

And while we are on the topic, the fact that you don’t understand why players are complaining about PvP gear, shows you know nothing about what players want.

So before you post anymore rediculous comments, be sure to understand that we, the community are not as gullible as you think we are

33 Likes

Not sure if that’s where he was getting at, but I think OP was just saying it doesn’t take long to get honor gear (which it really doesn’t, gearing through PvP is easy)

From my understanding though, people don’t seem to like the idea of gear being locked behind rating, and the major power discrepancy between ilvls.

Next expansion, that’s more or less going away. In Dragonflight, the honor gear will be scaled at the maximum ilvl in arena/BGs. Same goes for conquest gear, it’ll be scaled to maximum ilvl in arena/BGs.

What you’re upgrading will be the base ilvl of the gear. That being said, and this being the War Mode and WPvP forums, PvP gear will not scale to the highest in War Mode. And because gear won’t really matter in BGs/Arena, there’s no reason for anyone to complain about upgrading gear.

biiiiiiig mistake

4 Likes

I think it’s a good thing really. WPvP has always been chaotic and there have always been ways to gain the upper advantage. Using items, gaining broken buffs from the world around, the landscape around you, and even gear.

I like it this way because if two scrubs with a base set of honor gear try to gank you 2v1, if you have upgraded gear, you’re going to destroy them. I love it and glad it’s staying this way.

Quest to win Ashran EPIC battleground 1000 Honor, Honor from winning Ashran 1600. Average time to complete Ashran, 15 minutes. Total Honor 2600, time elapsed 15 minutes, hell let’s even say it could possibly take 30 minutes which is pretty rare. The max time one has taken me so far is 20 minutes and I got about 1900 honor for that.

Average Honor from winning a regular battleground is 1500, average time for a regular battleground is 15 minutes. Average Honor for losing a regular battleground is 600.

There’s also a bunch of little quests that can be completed that give you anywhere from 250-2000 and they’re as simple as winning one battlegrounds. You can typically get about 600 conquest or more per day just by winning each of the different non rated battlegrounds 1 and doing the pvp quest. Make sure you do the enlistment bonus too if you’re trying to gear up.

thats not pvp anymore…u are just exploiting at that point

2 Likes

You got enough honor in one BG?

4 Likes

i got a full conquest set on this toon in 2-3 hours

Just about.

It’s exploiting to have better gear than someone? What?

Must have been some really short battlegrounds. Most people get a piece a day if they’re lucky with q times.

But you managed to get a full set in 2-3 hours.

You are amazing !

3 Likes

Or he did rated arena/bgs like a normal player would and not avoid the content?

Meh. All the normal players left along time ago. It’s the reason the PvP format is changing no ?

Yes I’m still here refusing to do rated PvP cause I said I wouldn’t 2 years ago and I am a man of my word.

5 Likes

To an extent I guess. You still need to get a set of honor gear and then a set of conquest gear. Conquest players will get it faster and what they’ll be upgrading is the base ilvl of the gear. Your pvp gear will automatically be at the best pvp ilvl.

Except in War Mode. War Mode itll go based off of base ilvl which I’m happy for.

Any particular reason?

There’s a variety of reasons why folks don’t enjoy the rated/box PVP environment.

Not fun for them. Stressful. Don’t like toxic people. (And there are many viewpoints that counter and some would say “man up” to get what they want.)

Personally, as long as you can be competitive and are not locked out of having fun or a shot at winning, it’s all good. Just allow everyone to do what they enjoy doing and scale rewards accordingly.

1 Like

Isn’t that part of the reason they introduced this social contract? From what I’ve seen, if you’re toxic, Blizzard has a zero tolerance now. They will silence you, know a few arena junkies complaining about getting silenced or suspended and my only response to them is just, “Don’t be toxic?”

Which is sort of how its working in instanced PvP next expansion, but people are still going to find a way to complain somehow.

The average “normal” pvper doesn’t bother with rated content.

^ And this is what happened.

1 Like