Casual Players have no chance with this expansion

If I wanted to get kicked in the teeth every time I logged on I would go back to eve online.

2 Likes

So let me get this straight - because i recognize that loot drop rates have indeed been reduced from bfa rates (which is again, easily verifiable and a point that cannot be argued) – I’m trolling, and you’re reporting me?

Ah, projection. Its so adorable.

2 Likes

Except that’s not what you did, so don’t lie. :slight_smile:

You compared me to another poster, who hasn’t even replied in this thread, simply because you disagree with what I said, which is trolling.

So yes. That is correct, you are trolling, or at least did previously.

I’m sorry you’re having to resort to this type of nonsense. Get well soon.

I’m sorry that aren’t able to have any type of discussion and need to resort to trolling, hope you mature soon.

Niia is right, Blizzard has confirmed they lowered loot drops, what was once approx 5 drops for a raid of 25 people per boss is now approx 3 per 25. Also in M+ if you miss the time on the key only 1 piece drops compared to 2 in BfA and if you time the key 2 pieces drop compared to 3. (You do still get more loot however when you time 16+ keys or higher).

EDIT: its per 20 player raid group not 25, here is the blue post regarding raid:

3 Likes

Not just like in Wrath. In Wrath, you could queue for any Heroic dungeon, and you still got all your loot regardless of the number of wipes you had. You could bring in that brand new guildie without degrading someone’s key in the process. The current system is nothing like Wrath’s. It’s designed to punish anyone who does not subscribe to elitist philosophies and go go go mentality.

3 Likes

Incorrect! :slight_smile:

Just time your key and you will be rewarded with 2 pieces of gear, and not 1.

If you cannot complete that level of difficulty for keys then lower the difficulty of it until you can.

The problem is that if you don’t make the time, you degrade everyone else’s keys. Your suggestion is great for solo players who just want to PUG with the best of the best. It’s not feasible for players who want to just play with their buddies, regardless of skill. This game used to support friend groups. Now it supports colleagues.

2 Likes

I’m often astounded at the amount of hate casuals gets (LFR, mouthbreathers, scrubs…), to the point where I wonder what would happen if all the casuals got the hint and left the game.

Serious question: what would happen if all the casuals left?

5 Likes

I’m willing to bet that he’d say that while a busy person who manages to play 1 hour a day should have a chance this expansion, someone playing 30 minutes a day should reasonably expect to have “no chance with this expansion”

Not being a troll here, but if you only get to play a video game for “Mabey 1 hour a day” you probably should find a new game to play.

It would be only Twitch streamers, wanna be Twitch streamers, and Twitch streamers who suck at the game and advertise there youtube channel with a link to their Onlyfans page at the same time.

“everyone but my group is an outlier or a tiny minority”

It absolutely does. If someone with 30minutes / day got rewards from trivial content comparable to rewards from challenging group content, the rewards for that challenging group content are less meaningful. Same thing if, like OP, they have 1 hour / day to play.

What’s the minimum level of play (in avg hours per day) below which it is reasonable that people will feel left behind? You say 1 hour is above that limit. What about 45 minutes? 15 minutes?

Probably something like this:

Mea Culpa

Oooh! Wow! That answer on apexis crystals and pointless gear vendors…
You can really hear so clearly that although this is about tanaan, their design was already looking at legion. Its actually rather fascinating.
“End game lacks world content… whats your philosophy moving ahead?”

“a lot of those systems tied into the garrison, but some of those systems were traditionally served by the outside world [hello all my current complaints of renown]… though there was a lot of content out there, we just made it easier and more accessible to get the same rewards in your garrison, and thus there wasnt a lot of reason to go seek it out [in the world]. Our philosophy on that is… outdoor world content is crucial; its critical; …is tremendously important to world of warcraft and any mmo… i think thats… its the core of a massively multiplayer online world. And i think that to the extent that we… have ‘neglected it’ somewhat, thats something we see as a failing that we really need to fix.”

(13 mins to 16 mins if you need the timestamp).

Jesus, i should just leave this here. /thread-over! Go back to your tents lads and lasses! Its over. Ion of 6.2 just nuked the current lead dev (watcher, is it?) from orbit!

(ETA: 20.52 if you want a laugh).

I’m casual and would agree for all the talk of alt-friendly … blizzard really seems to give you a solid 10-12 hours worth of more or less mandatory content to complete each week if you wish to remain current with your toon. Just running two layer-8 tourghasts for soul ash, the three weekly storyline main quests for your renown, gathering up the anima necessary to do the 1000 quest as well as run missions and upgrade your sanctum features, doing dailies and the daily missions, running the two weekly dungeon mission quests in orebos, killing the world boss … and FINALLY run mythics/pvp/raid in the hopes of maximizing the weekly chest loot options.

Its the equivalent of two 3-credit hour courses WITH labs if you were looking at it as college courses. Just to be current on your main. My quick list doesn’t even include if you’re going for high level rated PVP or pushing high keys in mythic plus, or out at the cutting edge of progression raiding on heroic or mythic raid.

I have only now had adequate time to start dipping my toe into mythic 0’s and 2’s as I gear up and only been able to hit up LFR raid wise. Not sure where time for alts would be able to be located without quitting my career, abandoning my family and playing 8-12 hours per day, seven days a week.

I wish I could dedicate my life to playing an MMO … but I’m too busy progressing through RL world domination to be able to devote the time sink necessary to dominate Azeroth

2 Likes

Yes it has. You just have to adjust your goals and expectations.

You aren’t going to be raiding or running around in the shiniest gear early on, but there are plenty of other activities.

1 Like

spam bgs you can get up to 184 with just bg honor. or Mythic 0. if you can only play 2 hours a day then why would you need anything beyond these?

EDIT: Way too negative :slight_smile:
ETA2: though, i still stand by the basics: 4 hours to finish all your weeklies. Everything else is opt-in. If you’re a pure casual, after next week it might be a great time to look into alts and the other three covenants (if you havent already).