Castsequence buff with modifiers

I would like to have a castsequence reset of 2 seconds, with the shift modifier using lightning shield and flametongue weapon, ctrl only using rockbiter weapon, and no modifier to use lightning shield and rockbiter weapon. I have a working macro, but when i add the reset=2, the macro still works, just the tooltip goes away, which is kind of an issue since I need to see what buff it’s on. Anything wrong with my macro that can be changed to fix this?

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=2 [mod:shift]Lightning Shield, Flametongue Weapon; [mod:ctrl] Rockbiter Weapon ; Lightning Shield, Rockbiter Weapon

1 Like

The correct syntax is:

/castsequence [options] reset=condition1/... action1, action2, ...

You’d be better off just using modifiers for each spell rather than a sequence.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Lightning Shield; [mod:ctrl] Rockbiter Weapon; Flametongue Weapon
1 Like

In retail wow, I have a mage that has used this macro for a while.
#showtooltip
/castsequence [spec:1,mod]Presence of Mind;[spec:1]Arcane Blast;[spec:2]fireball;[nomod,spec:3]FrostBolt;[spec:3,mod] reset=2 flurry, ice lance,Frostbolt
The only time castsequence does an actual sequence is when I’m in frost spec and holding a modifier (ctrl/alt/shift) and then it does the flurry>ice lance>frost bolt sequence, otherwise it acts like a cast

I think your macro might work for retail wow if slightly rewritten:
#showtooltip
/castsequence [mod:shift] reset=2 Lightning Shield, Flametongue Weapon; [mod:ctrl] Rockbiter Weapon ; Lightning Shield, Rockbiter Weapon

or you may have to move the mod:shift part with the reset to the end…
#showtooltip
/castsequence [mod:ctrl] Rockbiter Weapon;[nomod] Lightning Shield, Rockbiter Weapon;[mod:shift] reset=2 Lightning Shield, Flametongue Weapon

I don’t know if this would work for classic.

In general, you should stay away /castsequence. It can take away from your decision making and if you’re using abilities that have CD’s you can really screw yourself if the CD timings don’t line up. Its always possibly to get interrupted mid-sequence and if you have time and/or condition-required abilities in your sequence you can lock yourself up. Also, there may be many situations where that order of spell castings is less than ideal and casting Flametongue after Lightning Shield is a loss in effectiveness.

2 Likes