Castsequence and [@cursor] [@player]

I’m trying to make a Cast Sequence macro for 3 Ret Pally abilities that are always chained together in order to save Hot Bar space.

#showtooltip /castsequence Final Reckoning, Execution Sentence, Divine Toll
That works fine but I’d love to throw [@cursor] or [@player] before Final Reckoning to lose the target reticule for speed.

Any suggestions from the macro pros here?

Not familiar with the paladin class but if neither Execution sentence nor Divine Toll are ground targeting abilities then they will ignore the [@cursor] and [@player] options and you could do this:

#showtooltip 
/castsequence [@cursor] Final Reckoning, Execution Sentence, Divine Toll

Or you could replace “@cursor” with “@player”

You could also do something like this:

#showtooltip 
/castsequence [mod,@player] [@cursor] Final Reckoning, Execution Sentence, Divine Toll

The options in the castsequence apply to all spells in the sequence but since only one “pays attention” to that particular option item, it will be the only thing affected.

1 Like

Might need a default fallback

#showtooltip 
/castsequence [@cursor] [] Final Reckoning, Execution Sentence, Divine Toll

Does anyone have a working version of this macro since 9.1.5?

What’s no longer working?

Divine Toll no longer works with @cursor for me since 9.1.5. Here is my macro:

#showtooltip
/castsequence [@cursor,talent:1/3] reset=15 Final Reckoning, Execution Sentence, Divine Toll
/castsequence [@cursor,talent:1/1] reset=15 Final Reckoning, Divine Toll

Posted an updated version in your other thread. Haven’t tested it though.

what does the [] do exactly?

In practice it means cast the spell the same as you would from the spellbook obeying auto-self cast rules, if applicable.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work in this case for some reason.

#showtooltip
/castsequence [@cursor,talent:1/3] [talent:1/3] reset=5 Final Reckoning, Execution Sentence, null; [@cursor,talent:1/1] [talent:1/1] reset=5 Final Reckoning, null
/cast Divine Toll

This works