Casting animations, why?

Several rogue abilities have caster animations which to me, interfere with class fantasy.

Shadowstep is a big one. This ability should feel like a seamless and SUBTLE step through the shadows. Instead my character clunkily throws their hands up… why?

Same goes for symbols of death and shadowblades.

I mained rogue in Burning Crusade, I don’t remember the class being full of these caster animations back then. But ever since they revamped the class it has felt so off to me.

Would it be too much to ask for some kind of deft dagger twirl, showing off their skill with a blade instead? I think it would go a long way to fulfill class fantasy.

2 Likes

This. Those animations look really weird when you are in the middle of stabbing and slashing with your daggers

2 Likes

because we like to party.

and shadow step i mean youre ripping through the shadows and teleporting, not to subtle but we make it look good imo

It can be a little strange sometimes. The warrior’s heroic leap animation with a small adjustment could extend animation diversity here.

Keep it Rolling just puts a potion in your hand and then it disappears again

I avtually like this as its one of the few things that actually changes between race/body anymore.

Actually at least specifically for shadowstep this was true in tbc too.