Cast hover and emerald communion at the same time?

Is it possible to cast hover and emerald communion at the same time? I have the following macro setup but it casts hover on first click and then second click does emerald communion. Doesn’t look like there is a GCD with hover so I am unsure why this isn’t working?

#showtooltip Emerald Communion
/cast Hover
/cast Emerald Communion

1 Like

While not technically on the gcd, hover has an animation lockout during which you cannot cast abilities. Generally you cast an ability first and then hover, so the gcd occurs during this animation lockout, but that won’t work with channeled spells.

1 Like

Is it possible to make a macro that casts cover and then my next click casts emerald communion? I tried doing a cast sequence but it seems like it wasn’t working.

Wasn’t working how? That’s the tool to perform that function.

I think it is not resetting so sometimes it doesn’t cast hover and instead does emerald communion.

I am also trying to cancel the jump forward of hover and been trying this.

/cast Hover
/cast null
/cast Emerald Communion

I am now trying the following…

/castsequence Hover,Emerald Communion
/castsequence reset=10

Does that look right?

Neither of those are right.

So long as you’re not moving when you hit Hover, you won’t jump.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=10 Hover, Emerald Communion

Leave the raw tooltip till you confirm it’s doing what you want it to, then you can override it with EC. Be aware that reset=10 means reset it 10s after it was last pressed; it will also reset when it reaches the end of the sequence.

I will try that out thanks!