Carpball: The Sport to Sweep Azeroth (IC Flyer, RP Event!)

<This post has been set on all the major capital cities’ boards. Flyers of invitation to be set out for people to join in on the fun that is Carpball>

In a world full of blood sports like bounty hunting and deadly duels, wouldn’t it be nice if there was a competitive sport in which you could remain assured you could walk away with all limbs attached? A game where players feel the rush of adrenaline, the flow of blood through their veins, and the satiation of lust for competition in a way that they have never in their lives experienced. A feeling where one can simply let go, escape from their daily struggles and immerse themselves in a sport in which they can focus on their abilities, speed, and will to emerge victorious. That sport is Carpball.

The National Carp League (NCL) is extending a call to all sports fans, future competitors, and those who share in our ambitious dream of building out friendly competition to join us in supporting this fast-paced, five-on-five sport. Interested in competing? Here’s what you need to know. Carpball is a sport in which you have all your extremities at your disposal save for your hands. This means you need to be fast on your feet to land the carp in your opponent’s goal and bring glory to your team. Be on your guard however, should the carp find its way in to your goal more than your opponent’s by the end of the match you will face defeat.

Does hard-hitting, fast-paced, carp-kicking action sound like the kind of thing you want to get a front row seat for? You’re in luck! The NCL expects to begin regular competition at the beginning of the new year.* This is an exciting opportunity for you to connect with your fellow sports enthusiasts, learn more about the game, and support local players for a chance to bring the spotlight to your home town! Leave your stresses at the door and revel in the game!

Bringing Carpball to the masses however has been no easy feat. The sport has been built out by our community of dedicated volunteers and staff who have helped refine the game to bring to the world stage. The NCL would like to invite you to be a part of our team. Intrigued by the mechanics of the sport? Join us as a referee and take charge of the game! Handy with your S.E.L.F.I.E. Camera? Come capture defining moments with us. Do you crave to captivate and awe the masses with feats of strength and wonder? Join the League as a performer and turn your talents in to a lifelong career.

If you’ve made it this far and we’ve captured your attention, we invite you to reach out to the NCL officiators. Kane Fangwell (Taeljan), Vaanna Noireham (Vaanna), and Vorawsoul Sheron (Vorawsoul) will be taking your letters and responding to them personally. We sincerely hope you will join us on our journey to capture the imagination through an immersive spectacle of sport and splendor as the NCL aims to take Azeroth by storm in the year to come.

4 Likes

Carpball :dragon_face:

2 Likes

Carpball! :dragon_face:

There’s always a place for people who don’t have a team too! You’ll be enlisted as a free agent!

1 Like

Still looking for new members, both as teams and free agents. We do have a match this Friday (practice) and if you’re interested in seeing this sport works, come watch!

1 Like

Aye, we just had our first exhibition game.

Bump It Up!

1 Like

I’m gonna try to remember to reach out tonight. I do have a few questions, mostly pertaining to the do the teams need to be all from MG or does at least the Captain? I kinda exist on both and my WrA Alliance Guild is extremely interested in participating.

How are these games going? Could we talk about possibly having game results announced on the Gnews?

I would love to make a Gnomish team!

Hello everyone! So sorry for not being as updating on the post as I wanted to be, but I figure I should go ahead and mention that the Carpball games have been going quite well, and with the five teams we have, the games have proven to be a success with minimal issues. I’m going to go ahead and put up a discord link so people can see what we’ve been up to so people can get more involved in our community.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience, it’s been a crazy couple of months, but better late than never! :slight_smile:

If you have any questions, feel free to send me something in Discord, or an in game mail, I’ll be happy to talk to you!

discord.gg/J2mQXC4

There’s more Carpball games happening! If you’d like to check out the games and watch, or even more, join the discord! Game schedules and more are there!

discord.gg/J2mQXC4

The Carpball league is returning! Tonight we have a meeting about the year ahead of us! Join the discord!

discord.gg/J2mQXC4

Having another meeting tonight at 7PM Realm Time, come join us in our discord at.

discord.gg/Jqf5SBk