Can't use usable weapon?

Thanks for the clarification, I couldn’t if it was both hands or MH only.

For outlaw you can only ha e a dagger in the offhand. Things habe changed sonfor offhand juat use your second best weapon whatevwr it is dagger, sword, mace, axe or fist. Main hand can not be a dagger, but eveeything else you can equip is fine.

If shaman could dontje same thing it would be nice, but i dont think its that big of a deal.

How are you so certain that it is deliberate game design? How is a dagger not a one handed melee weapon? Do words definitions mean nothing to you?

1 Like

well i mean prolly cause they explicitly made the change in the first place and have gone out of their way before to make daggers bad for enhance (ie back when they took double flametongue daggers out nearly instantly)

1 Like

Just made a shaman to try it out and I only have one weapon in my bag. a one-handed fist weapon and can not use storm strike now.

A fair Necro, though if you only have one weapon, you’ll need to grab another for the spec to run. 1H mace, axe or fist.

They really need to fix this. I got a dagger from a drop that is better than either of my maces that I have on my enhance shaman but can’t use it if I want to use Stormstrike.

Blizzard weapon restrictions have always been a thing. While yes shamans can use daggers especially as an enhancement shaman it doesn’t make sense to allow them to be used on a storm spike or lava lash since in short if you look at the actions you are swinging both weapons as if they were a two-handed weapon. So, if you have a dagger on instead of two one-handed axes, maces or even a fist weapons it would mess up the action that your character is performing. With that said I still think Enhancement shamans should be allowed to have a two-handed weapon just like I think warriors should still be allowed to use a bows, guns, and cross bows. Yet sadly Blizzard chooses to restrict instead of allowing for fun.

I made this mistake in SL spending good money on daggers on the AH and then abilities didnt work and I was like ah crap - totally my fault (I guess?) but really annoying.

Weapon restrictions are rough on Enh. That’s why it’s always weapons I struggle to replace. Thankfully, crafting has eased that pain a bit. As has been said already, axes, maces and fist weapons are your buddies for Enhance.

It’s been a thing for a while now:

1 Like

I’m using a 1h heirloom mace and shield. I tried removing and re-equipping both, and even tried using a grey drop instead. It still won’t let me. My solution is to not use that talent tree, despite that being the one I really want to use.

Enhancement is a dw weapon tree. You are not able to use a Shield. Now that being said with us being able to transmog oh from our legion weapon you can xmog a shield that was the oh from a legion weapon to get that look but you can not use a shield as a Enhancement.

1 Like

I dont see why shamans cant use swords it locks us out of alot of potential upgrades and lore wise why? Once your start getting races like humans and draenei who all use swords why cant shamans oh we forgot once we started talking with the elements its kinda dumb

Blizzard has this strange idea called a “class fantasy”, it’s not just for shaman, and for some reason their “Shaman Class Fantasy” is that Shaman are primitives from societies that can’t make or use swords… yes, it’s just as racist/colonial as it sounds.

Never mind that even a cursory glance into the past, even twenty+ years back, would have shown that even the most “primitive” of societies had weapons that look an awful lot like swords, and once they got even copper they were making swords and that’s not much above stone napping as far as tech is concerned.

In my opinion that kinda dumb when they made thunder fury a weapon used by the son of al’akir so one of the most primal beings and an elemental used a sword (alot of fire elementals do aswell) and its somethkng that shamans cant even equip its pretty dumb

1 Like