Can't use Magnificent Jeweler's Settings on TBC Timewalking rings/amulets

Got a 610 Hero track ring from my Timewalking weekly, upgraded it to 619 using my Runed Crests and Valorstones with the intention of putting 2 sockets in it with 2 Magnificent Jeweler’s Settings.

Turns out the ring is not a valid item for the Settings to be used on and it will not let me apply them.

I assume this is a bug and not intended.

2 Likes

Perhaps not. At one time, Timewalking dungeon drops were simply the real items from that expansion upscaled in item level to something current, but with all the original earlier expansion behaviors and limitations.

I’m not sure how much this is still true, but what you’re describing sounds like an actual BC item which wouldn’t be eligible for TWW-specific upgrades like gem socket addons.

QA will probably forward your report anyway.

In the same boat atm. I also received a hero track ring from the timewalking weekly reward. I was able to enchant it but was not able to add sockets using the magnificent jeweler’s setting. I am hoping it is an oversight that will be fixed.

I did Black Temple Timewalking and received the Band of the Abyssal Lord ilevel 597

I cannot add the Magnificent Jeweler’s Setting to it.

Bugged?

Same here, spent crests and gold on Magnificent Jeweler’s setting and cant apply it to the Band of the Ranger-General. Please help.