Can't update game

My updater is stuck and will not complete the download of the update. Anyone having these issues?

4 Likes

Hi Hildagaarde

Right click on the bottom task bar. Select Task Manager - look for a process called WorldofWarcraft Voice Proxy. If it is there highlight it then click the End Task button.

(you may need to click More Details on Task Manager to see all the running processes)

Try Bnet Launcher afterwards.

3 Likes

Thanks its working now. :slight_smile:

I dont have that task in my task manager and i still cant complete update.

Hi Nazrok

We have seen a Antivirus called TotalAV blocking the update. Do you happen to have that installed. If so try uninstalling - Windows Defender will take over duties there.

Nope. I dont have any anti virus. I have driverbooster, driver update and advanced system care 12 as programs close to that. But ive played WOW before with those installed. I really want to play. I dont know what to do here. :frowning:

Did you completely close and reopen the launcher? That’s what did it for me.

Hi again Nazrok

IObit Advanced System Care has functions that may block things. If that is the free version can you try uninstalling.

Describe what happens when you try to log in. Do you see error popups - what do they say. Detail things as much as possible for me.

BLZBNTAGT00000840 That is the error code and it just says “something went wrong with the file” It tries to automatically update like normal. fails. i click update and it does the same thing only with the above error coded message. It was working fine about a month ago with these programs i listed earlier running. I uninstalled what you told me and got nothing.

1 Like

To confirm - you opened Task Manager - expanded the list by clicking the More Details button. WorldofWarcraft Voice Proxy is likely a ways down the list if it is there.

The next thing to try is the Scan/Repair tool:

*First run the Battle.net Launcher in Administrator mode - close Launcher. Restart computer to stop all Blizzard processes. Right click the Battlenet desktop icon - select “Run as Administrator” - Then run the Tool.

Tool is found on the Battle.net Launcher. Look for “Options” - directly below the Wow-BfA emblem. The tool is there. Takes around 5-10 minutes to run.

i did both those things and it still didnt do a thing.

i just restarted the computer and all of a sudden it did the update and i can play …maybe it was some of the advice i followed from you and a blizz email and then it just needed a reboot. But its working for now. Thanks for being so attentive to my problem, i really appreciated it.

Good to see things are back working Nazrok

I am having same issue, I said it can’t find file and can’t bfa at all :frowning:

I had this happen to me earlier with a small update too.
Check that WoW Voice Proxy isn’t running in Task Manager at all.
Failing that restart your computer, then check if the update runs.

thanks for this. was having the same problem and this solved it.

having the same problem that Hildagaarde is having and I would like to have this resolved soon my button wont work to let the upgrade continue

why does WoW Voice Proxy.exe run when the Bnet launcher or WoW is closed? that exe should stop when anything Blizzard is closed or have a way to disable it. before i used a program called IObit Unlocker to rename and it never ran again. but now the Bnet launcher replaces that f g exe file every time. if ppl don’t use the voice chat why is it running?. i rename that file for a reason because it locks the usb drive from ejecting<laptop only has a 32gb drive for windows 10 only>

Thank you!! I tried to log in to get my fix and was so sad that I was getting an error. Killing the voice proxy in my task manager worked like magic. :slight_smile:

It should close when you close WoW, and normally does.

This bug seems to be when it doesn’t close like it’s supposed to and then that prevents the update completing as it sees that some component of WoW is still active.