Cant Uninstall or Install Battle.net

I cannot for the life of me uninstall or reinstall Battle.net

I’ve followed the instructions here (Cant uninstall battle.net HELP), still no luck. When i try to uninstall via Add or Remove Programs, i get “Please click the link below for more information or contact Customer Support if the problem persists. More Help: BLZBNTBNU00000006”.

When i try to install, i get “Whoops! Looks like something broke. We’ll try to fix it, so please try again later.”.

I just want to get started on lich king classic :’(

Hey there Jussapeak,

Thanks for reaching out with these details. We’re happy to help troubleshoot this with you!

First, this sort of persistent install/uninstall issue is commonly caused by a problem with the Windows service “WMI” (Windows Management Instrumentation). Follow the instructions on this page to reset the WMI Repository, which might fix the update issues.

If that does not fix it, be sure to fully update or temporarily uninstall antivirus programs which may be mistakenly blocking the Battle.net Agent from running. More information on troubleshooting security applications here, if curious.

If the problem continues, temporarily test a different network such as a mobile hotspot to determine whether the problem is isolated to your current network.

Hopefully, one of these steps will do the trick. Please let us know if you have any questions or run into additional issues.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.