Can't start mechagnome questline?

I completed all the Kul Tiras campaigns but I can’t raise my rep with the factions any more and Wowhead says I’m supposed to be friendly with the Kul Tiras factions to start the mechagnome questline.

Is this the character you’re try on? If not, it might be helpful to post from that character. I believe you need to be level 45 to start the quest line to open up mechagnomes. You have to have met all of the requirements to open world quests (level 45, friendly with all factions), then you’ll need to do quests on mechagon island. The final quest to open them up will only be available to Alliance characters, but can do the pre-req’s on either faction.

Getting to Mechagon is BfA end game content, so you’ll need to be 50 to start it. You’ll also need to unlock end game systems. As Chirona said, you can do the pre-req quests in Mechagon on either faction, but you’ll need a level 50 Alliance character to do the Embassy questline.

Here are the basic steps to get to Mechagon to do the pre-req quests. Most of them will require level 50. (I think you can get the Heart of Azeroth a bit sooner.)

1. Get your Heart of Azeroth. The Earthen Guardian NPC will have the quest “A Dying World” to start this. For Alliance, the NPC is near the Boralus Inn. For Horde, they are near the Zuldazar Harbor flightpath.
  2. Unlock World Quests. The quest you need to complete for this is “Uniting Kul Tiras” (A)/“Uniting Zandalar” (H). On your first character, you’ll need to do the 3 foothold quests to unlock the boat travel to the 3 zones of the other faction for this quest to be available.
  3. Unlock Naz’jatar. The quest should pop up once world quests are unlocked. If not, you should be able to get it on the boat. The quest to start it is “The Wolf’s Offensive” (A) / “The Warchief’s Order” (H).
  4. Complete the quest chain to unlock essences. Magni will show up with the quest “Essential Empowerment” in Naz’jatar once you’ve established your base there. The final quest needed in that chain is “Harnessing the Power.”
  5. You’ll then get sent back to Naz’jatar. I think you need to do enough questing there to unlock the Unshackled/Waveblade Ankoan World quests.
  6. Pick up “The Legend of Mechagon.” There are some breadcrumb quests to lead you to this one. Alliance side, I think Gila Crosswires will chase you down to give you “Fame Waits for Gnome One.” Horde side, there will be Goblin NPCs in the Naz’jatar base and Great Seal that will have the breadcrumb “Rumors of Mechagon.” You also should be able to pick up “The Legend of Mechagon” directly from Tinkmaster Overspark or Gazlowe near the Boralus and Great Seal flightpaths, respectively.
4 Likes

I am also having a difficult time with this. So it is necessary to go to Naz’jatar and quest before Gila Crosswires will find you/be available to start the Mecha-Gnome questline?

I only had two level 50 Horde in Naz’jatar questing prior to Shadowlands expansion prior to taking a long hiatus and I don’t think I made much ground while I was there.

YouTube and Every other WoW fan site would have you believe you just need to be Alliance, Level 50, and Entry Level BFA content started and to head to the Embassy and Gila Crosswires would be available to give you the starting questline to unlocking the Mecha-Gnomes. All Lies! Such a waste of time and research without any payoff listening and reading their “assumptions” on what I needed to do to get the ball rolling :roll_eyes:.

Yes, you need to do enough questing in Naz’jatar to open up the Ankoan/Unshacked world quests before the Mechagon questline will appear. I’ve got the relevant quest checkpoints listed in my previous post. (For the Magni quest specifically, you’ll be sent to Highmountain. All the other stuff will be in the chamber. He may have other quests for you like going to Uldir, but you can ignore those for the Mechagon unlock.)

It’s probably worth checking out your Horde character’s progress. If you were playing during BfA when it was released, there’s a good chance they’ve done enough Naz’jatar to start Mechagon (and may have even started it already.)

I have earned the achievement and followed every guide I can find online…the questline still will not be offered. I completed the achievement on the Horde faction. Then using my lvl 60 Alliance Faction character go to the Embassy and nothing.
Please help…