Can't select from all characters for posting on forums

A number of my characters don’t show as existing, so I can’t post on them in the forums. (I’m talking about characters created weeks earlier, at the very least.) One character still shows, which was deleted 6 days ago. Another one was renamed 9 days ago, but her old name still shows. But, for me, the biggest issue is not having available all my existing toons, in order to choose between them when posting on the forums.

I see that this isn’t a new issue, as people griped about it in 2017 and 2018; apparently, it’s still a problem in 2019. :roll_eyes: sigh

I posted the above message, verbatim, on the Bug Report forum. And, for some strange reason, I don’t see it there, just minutes after posting it. :thinking:

1 Like

I can see the thread in Bug Report forum:

Though I think the issue is better posted here as it pertains to the website versus the game.

Have you logged completely out of everything (game, launcher, & website) and done fresh logins to see if that helps refresh the character lists?

3 Likes

I suspect that I didn’t give it quite enough time to show up there and, thus, didn’t see it at the time.

Okay, now I feel foolish, but you’ve fixed my problem; I needed to log out of the forum. Now that it’s been refreshed, my proper toons are showing. That’ll teach me. :laughing: (And, yeah, when I logged in, it was on this toon, rather than my mage–not to cause further confusion.)

1 Like

Glad to hear that you got it all sorted and in working order.

2 Likes

Just experienced an in-game bug, went to post it on bug forum but can’t choose a character to post. Thanks bliz. /slowclap. Morons.

Had found a solution that just worked for me but involved subbmitting a ticket even though the website history tells us to report on the website bug part of the forum.

Anyhow if it wasn’t support who fixed this issue for me just moments ago ‘thank you’

The only different thing I did just now was login to the forum using my ipad / Safari and that allowed me switch characters.

Now back on win10/chrome and am able to use my forum main.

/

Feedback;

The desktop Blizzard App when using ‘view account’ from the dropdown menu issues a token to my default Win10 browser. I notice it reads US
(this is correct based on my account is on the US warcraft servers.)
Now once logged in and when the link ‘games’ at the top of account settings it sends the url to en-gb then when clicking on ‘forums’ at the top menu it sends the url to eu, enough the token from the Desktop App was US.

that was my view on what was happening.

/last edit (side note; getting popup messages that read “That post was edited by another user and your changes can no longer be saved.”