Can't see Live Classic Option In Battle.net

Sure, I am aware.

There is the open Beta stress testing going on right now. I do not have that option in my battle.net client to play that. All I have is the Beta: World of Warcraft Classic in my drop down. My wife is able to see the Stress test on her computer.

Have you updated your Battle.net Desktop App, Kyudo? It should looks something like this (link borrowed from Thundertotem):

2 Likes

Actually, they announced the release date for Classic a while back. There’s even a count-down timer on the main WoW page :wink:

3 Likes

How do I force the Desktop App to update? I am currently on 1.12.5.10733, under Blizzard > Settings.

Huh, you’re right. I guess I don’t pay that much attention to Classic.

Try restarting your computer. That should hopefully prompt it to update. You should see a green line at the bottom of the app which a “restart” option.

1 Like

I have restarted my bnet client like a dozen times (to where some of my friends were asking me if I got hacked)
I also tried restarting my computer.
I STILL have no classic listed.

How do I force this stupid thing to realize it’s there?

Try deleting your Battle.net Cache folder.

1 Like

Restarting computer didn’t help.

The only way I was able to see the new Classic option under Live, was to uninstall my battle net client and re-downloading it.

threw away the cache
Right now it’s stuck on ‘loading account information’
I think it’s broke.

Edit: I unbroke it. Deleted (well, removed to desktop) the cache. Successfully got it to restart.
Classic still not there.

Does your desktop app list both Version and Account, like the picture I linked earlier?

It doesn’t look exactly like that, no. I don’t think I can attach a screenshot but it’s like:

IN DEVELOPMENT:
PTR: World of Warcraft

LIVE:
Account1 (US) : Battle for Azeroth
Account2 (US) : Battle for Azeroth

Starter:
the account I made a year ago before thinking better of it

It sounds like you don’t have the updated client. If deleting the Battle.net Cache folder didn’t help you might try reinstalling.

There isn’t any way to make the client update itself? That seems like a failing in the bnet client…

I hate the thought of having to reinstall because I have a physical auth and its battery is on its absolute last legs, so every time I have to ask a number of it… I might not get one… and then be totally locked out of the game…

That sounds like a precarious situation. Are you able to pick up the mobile one?

Believe it or not… I don’t have a cel phone. So no.

I do have a new physical auth I’m just not sure how to finagle swapping them precisely so I’ve never done it.

It’s just a matter of removing the one and adding the new one.

phew. Okay, that’s got it. (As a hint to how old my old Auth is… it’s the one I got in the pre-WotLK goodie bag…)

Wow, nice. I have a couple in my desk draw at home from around that time.

1 Like

aight, I threw everything away. Hit the thing to download the new one.

The progression bar is stuck halfway… it just says ‘Updating Blizzard Agent…’ and it’s been sitting there for awhile now without budging…