Can't see Ground Targetting circle consistently

In the “Ruins of Lordaeron” arena I cannot see any of my ground reticles. Totems and Warlock Gate are the 2 I have seen not work, as those are the only 2 classes I use in PVP.

Today in Throne of Tides my Marksman hunter couldn’t see her “Volley” targeting circle in some rooms/hallways.

In the dungeon, it was whatever because it’s not really needed with a MM hunter’s 4 set, but in arenas it has actually caused me some games because my link is somewhere off in the worst spot simply because in the “heat of battle” (lol) I am not paying full attention to where my cursor is on my screen.

Has anyone else had this issue? It started happening with the patch drop. I know a lot of UI problems have been happening since then, but I seem to be the only one who is noticing or at least talking about this.

2 Likes

I’m seeing this tonight. I’m on my warlock, using my abilities Cataclysm and Rain of Fire, and no targeting circle is appearing.

So either it’s specific to the 2 of us, or it’s a problem. I’ll make an in-game report the next time I see it happen. Thanks for your response! :slight_smile:

Same issue myself

I am also having this issue with Holy Word: Sanctify. No ground target circle showing.

Warrior Heroic Leap circle is not showing up for me.

I’m also having this issue in instances.

I was having this issue in parts of Throne of the Tides on my priest with the Shadow Crash and Mass Dispel targeting reticle.

I’ve made a bug report. This is still happening and it’s very disorienting for things like shaman where a lot of our things are ground circles.

Hopefully this is fixed soon.

1 Like

This issue pops up from time to time and is usually driver and/or GPU brand or series specific(like AMD 6xxx or Nvidia 3xxx and so on). Post some DXDIAG reports if you guys can.

On the technical side of things, I’d assume it’s usually some kind of float precision and z-fighting offset bias issue with decal projection(the green reticle for spells) where something gets incorrectly rounded down, so it doesn’t display on top vs the surface underneath.

1 Like

Same problem on my Paladin with Final Reckoning. It’s pretty inconsistent.

I’m having issues with this on my Druid with Efflorescence, and it is wildly inconsistent. Will literally be working one minute, then not the next, and it’s driving me BONKERS.

1 Like

Still having the issue as of last night. Both with rsham & hpriest. Once in a while, particularly on trash, I will be able to see the targeted area for healing rain, but still nothing on mass dispel, earthen wall, HW sanc, etc etc.

1 Like

I have the same issue with my priest with Holy Word: Sanctify. Happens most of the time in raids and dungeons, but only since the Season 4 patch. Very frustrating.

As of 25 April 2024, still not fixed. I have noticed it on all of my toons in some fashion.

Since this forum is only for troubleshooting crashes/disconnections/install issues, please report this in the proper forum: Bug Report

1 Like