Can't reorder chat channels since build: 46158

My chat channels are also screwed, all the time accidently posting in local defense lookin for a tank or heal for a dungeon, or trying in general when i trying to type in trade, super glad i cant reorder my chat channels anymore.

1 Like

Still broken.

I just had this issue. I fixed it by leaving all my chat channels with “/leave insert channel name
I left all my channels, then did “/join insert channel name” in the order i wanted them to associated with /1 /2 and so on.

2 Likes

It’s still an issue though that should be fixed/implemented. Used to be able to before and you still can on retail.

Broken on PTR still too. Sadface

Yeah super annoying having this broken

Manually changing chat-cache.txt did not work for me.

You can however directly call the API command to reorder them and that does appear to work and save between logout and login:
/run C_ChatInfo.SwapChatChannelsByChannelIndex(1, 2)

6 Likes

this is a current gripe of mine.

im still waiting for blizzard to fix this

Any chance for this to be fixed? it’s been over two months already

Indeed it’s absolutely absurd that they broke this and then cannot be bothered to spend a little time to fix it.

It’s kind of infuriating as every character of mine has the channels arranged to different numbers for no freaking reason…

1 Like

Agreed, this should be an easy fix and reordering chat channels should be externally user friendly, and it’s not

1 Like

Hopefully this gets fixed when Ulduar drops?

Ulduar patch did not fix this.
Don’t usually come around to the forums but this bug is enfuriating to no end so I’m going out of my way to post here and ask for a fix.

Can’t believe I started this back in Oct and we’re still here.

Agreed. It is really annoying. It used to randomly change on its own occasionally, but was fixable. Now that it cannot be fixed, I’m stuck with channels all the wrong numbers and colors. Yes, I could change the colors back to how I want them, but the number remains incorrect and causes issues when on one character I have to try to remember that /2 is not trade anymore.

Good news, it’s fixed on the current PTR.