Can't Rebind Shift+Right Click

For years, I have had Shift+Left Click, Shift+Middle Mouse, and Shift+Right Click bound using the default WoW UI. Yesterday, I was setting up keybinds on my alt and accidentally overrode my Shift+Right Click. I’ve been googling and troubleshooting for the past two hours and I haven’t found a solution that works. I’ve tried:

• Rebinding using default WoW UI
  • Rebinding using default WoW click casting
  • Rebinding using ElvUI
  • Updated ElvUI and tried again
  • Disabled all addons and tried WoW keybinds and click casting again
  • Restarted PC and tried all of the above again
  • Changed characters and tried all of the above again
  • Downloaded Clique and set up Shift+Right Click
  • Tried to bind some other key combination to Shift+Right Click using Logitech G Hub
  • Checked all of the above to see if Shift or Right Mouse were bound to something else. Right mouse is bound to opening menus on other player’s portraits, but this has been true for basically the game’s entire life and I’ve never had a conflict binding shift+right until now. I don’t want to remove this binding for obvious reasons. Shift (by itself) isn’t bound to anything that I could find.

This is extremely frustrating because if I open my WoW keybinds on the default options, it clearly shows Shift+Left and Shift+Middle are still bound and working.

• ElvUI will say “SHIFT+RightButton bound to ElvUI_BarButton6” and then when I click save, it says “Binds Saved” - but it’s still not working.
  • WoW click bindings and Clique both show the bind is set up in their respective panels, and still not working.

I’m on Windows 11.

I would greatly appreciate any help!

Turn off character specific binds on the busted char in the WoW settings, ReloadUI and turn them back on. That should make the char specific binds match the global setup. Then you can tweak the char specific stuff after.

Alternatively, you could check out the bindings-cache.txt files in your various character folders and copy the relevant bits to the busted char and see if that works.

1 Like