Can't queue for random or specific dungeons

I literally can’t queue for anything. The drop down ONLY has “specific dungeons” as an option. Can’t queue for a dungeon I already did, it’s not even on the list. I just hit 60, but I should be able to queue for SOMETHING, even lower normals from Shadowlands. And since Blizz Staff said their peace and then closed the post, here is my reply to you Vrakthis: I don’t recall ANY expansion where I couldn’t run a dungeon upon hitting level cap. Been playing since LK when that version of Naxx was highest content. Locking players out of running ANY dungeon until they unlock it in the story isn’t a time sink tactic? Sounds like a time sink if you really put thought into it, i.e. the feeling of being penalized for hitting lvl cap before the end of the campaign, in my case in Ardenweald where item rewards are not good enough to get you the gear needed if you’re already heroic raid/mythic+ geared from last xpac, and Halls of Attonement is not unlocked until you finish the zone. (time sink) Requiring a certain ilvl isn’t a time sink tactic but you can’t get said ilvl until you can run normals and you can’t run normals until you unlock them behind a story?(keeping the fact of hitting 60 in Ardenweald) Removing portal directly to Pandaria’s Shrine of the Seven Stars and moving it to Jade Forest and forcing us to fly there was a time sink move as well. I provided 3 pieces of “Factual Data” on wasted time sinks vs resubbing to be able to do other things in-game. Shall I also add the loot drop gating as well where 1 piece of loot now drops, per boss, requiring even MORE time to gear up? I’m sure a few more can be found. Being that you are customer support and not a dev as you have mentioned many times, the background workings are left out from your training and you’re only told what you need to do your job, nothing more. I know, I been in customer support roles for almost 15 years across companies bigger than Blizzard.

There is a post, here, Can't queue for specific dungeons - #3 by Robokappa-sargeras and people in my guild that said their dungeons opened for them when they hit 60. I hit 60 in Ardenweald. Am I being penalized for hitting 60 sooner than Revendreth? It feels like it. Every single dungeon was locked and my only drop down choice was “Specific Dungeons.” Looks like there are quite a few posts about this happening and quite a few people not happy with it. I searched the forums for “Cant q” and can see at least 10 different posts about dungeons or dungeon queues of some fashion if you scroll deep enough. The DPS queue is so huge because of the dungeon gating going on. Tanks and healers literally can’t queue because of it as explained here: Can't queue for random dungeons - #6 by Aluvia-stormreaver

None of this is an attack on Vrakthis, just my reply to their “support” that was subsequently closed when they said their final word. It’s also an issue that should not be happening.

1 Like

ya i think you’re right. they opened when story finished.

So, a group of 5 from the guild, someone else can queue us for random and we get right into a dungeon, Necrotic Wake, that is not on my list of specific dungeons. 2nd queue we did was Mists of Tirna Scithe. When I was in said group, I literally had Plaguefall, Necrotic Wake, Halls of Attonement, and Mist of Tirna Scithe available specifically to queue for, but when I left said group, those dungeons all disappeared from my list except for Halls. All group members were 60. Something is skewed here…

Throwing in my two cents and providing feedback on this situation, as I also have felt significant friction from this design choice.

The way I see it, it doesn’t matter if this is how it works in the past; it just doesn’t make sense to do it in Shadowlands because of the amount of experience you get through questing.

In my Shadowlands experience, I’ve had War Mode on and have been completing both story quests as well as side quests, and I ended up leaving Bastion around 54-55. I did the same thing in Maldraxxus, however evidently Plaguefall was a lower level dungeon than I thought it would be, because by the time I got to where I would get the Plaguefall quest in Maldraxxus (Plaguefall: Knee Deep In It), I was not able to queue up for it.

As it is now, it’s not difficult to outlevel the dungeon finder, and I now miss out on both part of the zone story as well as content/gear from quests and the dungeon itself. This makes me feel disappointed. By the time I’m able to complete this quest, the reward I get from it will be obsolete. I will not be able to enjoy Plaguefall’s dungeon experience as a new player in a normal dungeon – now my first experience with the dungeon will be in the heroic, more difficult version, likely with experienced players who will trivialize mechanics.

I’ve missed out on a core part of the leveling experience because of this design.

1 Like