Can't Quest in a Raid?

is this maybe an outdated restriction? at least at max level it can be really annoying filling up a raid and not really being able to do anything while you wait. the open world is kinda dead if you cant complete quests and you cant join another group obviously cause ur filling ur current raid.

what is the design advantage of not being able to complete quests in a raid at max level? does the good out weigh the bad?

is it just to prevent afk grinding?

This has been a thing since the old times. You can’t complete quests in raid cause blizzard doesn’t want you to zug zug it.

Only certain quests marked for raid can be completed in raids

I think Blizzard is very paranoid about players forming 40 person raid groups to do random questlines. I didn’t play during Legion, but I remember hearing that people could do World Quests in raids early on and players started forming raids to steamroll every WQ on the map, and Blizzard shut that down promptly.

No, I think this is still very legit. Otherwise you would see raid groups forming as an almost expected occurrence to blitz through simple world quests, which are designed to be solo or in parties.

Oh yes, a draenei wondering why they can’t roll around with bodyguards in a murderball be in a raid group and quest. This never gets old.

It’s a restriction that was back when people were using raid groups to blast through things ultra-fast. By setting that restriction it also created some weird interactions which means usually if you are working on a quest, you won’t be taking a raid invite right away and comes a matter of complete quest now and make raid wait or go to raid and wait to do the quest later.

I didn’t really find out about it until the last step of the the Dragonwrath quest back in Cata, because while you completed every part of the quest in the raid, the final turn-in wasn’t flagged as a raid quest so it became impossible to actually complete until leaving the raid.

honestly as a healer main it was awsome during that period to actually be able to participate in the content without being at a severe disadvantage

1 Like