Can't put Opulence crowns in void storage?

I collected all four crown colors from Opulence and am trying to put three of them into void storage, but it tells me they’re not eligible. It gives no specific reason. They’re not marked “unique” and they don’t need to be repaired and they’re not on cooldown. Those are the only things I can think of which prevent putting items in void storage. Is there something else?

Cannot put Azerite gear in Void Storage.

1 Like

Oh really?? :eyes: This is the first time I’ve tried to put Azerite gear in void storage. I didn’t know that wasn’t a thing. Thank you!

Thinking about it, it makes sense.

You can’t put gemmed or enchanted items into void storage. Doing so strips the enhancements (after a warning).

Doing so with Azerite items would be an end-around to the deliberate restrictions the developers put in place about re-speccing Azerite traits (escalating cost at the Ethereal reforger dude). So they did the easy thing and just locked out Azerite items.

1 Like

I would love to claim I had thought of it for this purpose, but I hadn’t. :rofl:

The crowns are simply the only thing from BfA gear I’ve felt I really wanted to keep. They’re so wonderfully tacky. :smiley: Guess I’ll put something else in void storage and tuck the crowns into my bank. :slight_smile: