Can't play on Benediction

Server disconnected? Been sitting in queue for about an hour. Many of us are stuck in the “logging in to game server” and not moving forward.
Benediction is grayed out and “offline”

1 Like

same played earlier fine, make some GFX and come back, their is a 90min que…
play with my dog , eat, the whole thing still 40mins. Sit around and wait and then DC’d LOL.

Blizz as always is a constant joke; how many years and releases and you still manage to fail your paying customers?

1 Like

Can confirm. I’ve been trying to log into Benediction for the past 30 minutes as well. I was online sitting at the AH. Went afk for a very short time, came back to being disconnected. “World Server is down” is a message I received, and Benediction was greyed out and not targetable. After about 1-2 minutes, it said back online. Been stuck at “Logging into game server” ever since then.

1 Like

been doing this for 15+ years… this is the all-time best expansion in my opinion. The same issues you are having now you had back in 08… fix it.

nice, just sat a 1.5 hr q, got stuck at “logging into game server” and have to sit another 1.5 hr q

1 Like

YEP, stuck on Position in queue: 327. hasnt moved from 327 for about 15 min while my whole guild raids

Welcome to the graveyard club. Right now, Benediction is waiting on a brez but It’ll be rezzed soon.

I wonder if perhaps investing in better servers would be a better long-term solution? Benediction has 2-hour queues right now. You guys have a month to address the issue before all hell breaks loose when Wrath launches. Hope you all arent too busy adjusting Dragonflight to deal with this very real problem. You should have stopped transfers to Benediction months ago.

They’re already using the best servers, but even the latest hardware will have issues if the demand is great.

2 Likes

Is this true? Asking because I had an argument with my buddy last night and he was saying they will just increase the server size and I was saying I was unsure if that was even possible.

His argument was they would just add more layers… I have no idea if that is a work around?

I remember a post stating they were already running max layers for the hardware they had, in correlation to non-instanced zones. and yes it’s been posted they do use the latest hardware possible.

1 Like

Generally speaking, room on a realm is mostly finite. It isn’t necessarily about how much the server can handle, as our servers often some of the best available, it’s usually based on how much everyone on the server can.

If you have more characters in an area that increases how much each player’s system has to render, add to that spell effects, etc… and even those with fairly beefy systems can experience an issue.

For regular World of Warcraft we have sharding available, where new instances of the same area will be created as the population in the area reaches a maximum. I don’t believe Classic has that, or at least not in to the same degree.

Entirely different teams handle each.

Our Developers are monitoring the log in queues and the stability for the game. They will continue to do what they can to improve performance and allow folks to log in.

6 Likes

For such a massive company both in terms of size and billions of dollars, this is pretty unacceptable imo

Not sure why they can’t afford better servers/hardware to smoothly handle the “load” during these big launch/pre-patch style events.

I’m over here twiddling my thumbs/another night of no Classic and it’s all because of Blizzard’s (apparently) underpowered/cheap servers, it’s unfortunate

3-hour queue tonight. I requested a refund for the character transfer - I hope it works. Thanks!

Did you happen to read the blue post above yours explaining why increased server size is not the solution?

5 Likes

Create a new Server, and connect new server with bene, then shard?

This was self inflicted by blizzard. They were too lazy to address the alliance / horde balance on servers which got them short term profit gains with xfers. Now no one wants to transfer off to dead servers.

Don’t worry, they will gladly take your money for queue simulator and xfers from and back to the mega servers. They don’t even give free sub time for this mess. That’s how greedy they are.

1 Like

Alright. I think it probably best to close this up as I’d rather encourage any feedback be posted in a more appropriate forum where our Game Developers can review it.

3 Likes