Can't Override Sound Files

Adding my name here as well, playing a Hunter will be unbearable with nerf gun/peashooter pops and very languid bow-nocking sounds.

5 Likes

This is so annoying!!!

2 Likes

This noise is so annoying I won’t play with the sound on. Please give us an option to mute it like the error speech.

3 Likes

I don’t want to hear my guns sounding like BB guns. Please allow us to change our sounds, also some UI addons are screwed up like Bagnon, it don’t work.

5 Likes

Bagnon works mostly now, you just have to go to keybinds and go to the addon section to bind the bags key to bagnon show inventory

1 Like

I found a fix for the fizzle sounds! After searching the forums I found this post: “us(¬_¬)forums(¬_¬)blizzard(¬_¬)com/en/wow/t/custom-sound-files-not-working/207369/41”

What you will have to do is download this addon: “www(¬_¬)curseforge(¬_¬)com/wow/addons/mutesoundfile”
Go to: “wow(¬_¬)tools/files/#search=fizzle&page=1&sort=0&desc=asc” and copy the “FD ID” numbers and the “Filename” of the fizzleholya.ogg, fizzlefirea.ogg, fizzlenaturea.ogg, fizzlefrosta.ogg & fizzleshadowa.ogg into the addon.

Once those steps are done just press the “Mute this sound” button on the addon’s GUI and you’re good to go! You don’t even have to reload your ui. I’m sure this will also work with other sounds too! Hopefully this fix will stay working lol.

(Replace “(¬_¬)” with “.” for the links. Apparently I can’t post links)…

8 Likes

Post links in between grave marks (`) and you’ll be fine.

I can confirm this works. No need for even logging out to test, it works right away.

569772 is fizzleholya

Also confirming this works - Thank you Jesus

1 Like

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/mutesoundfile

They added changes today that allow you mute certain sounds, the addon listed above lets you manually enter a sound to mute it, Im sure in the next few days someone will make specific mute addons for certain sounds.

enter these into the above addon to mute the sniffing:
564378 sound/creature/worgenfemale/worgenfemale_emotesniff_02.ogg
564383 sound/creature/worgenfemale/worgenfemale_emotesniff_03.ogg
564422 sound/creature/worgenfemale/worgenfemale_emotesniff_01.ogg
564536 sound/creature/worgenmale/worgenmale_emotesniff_03.ogg
564544 sound/creature/worgenmale/worgenmale_emotesniff_02.ogg
564560 sound/creature/worgenmale/worgenmale_emotesniff_01.ogg

4 Likes

Dude, THANK YOU. Total life saver!

1 Like

I wanted to report I was able to take my previous Sounds folder (which muted sounds I didn’t want to hear), and a python script ( pastebin dot com / 7208R4LZ ) to pull the files out of it and the listfile.csv from CascExplorer to lookup all the ID’s, and write out a core.lua (I made that simple addon using addon.bool.no as suggested above, and this just overwrites the file).

End result, about 8000 lines of muted sounds. I was worried it might not work but it seems to. I mute most “other class” spell sounds etc and it makes raiding a lot more tranquil plus I can hear what I’m doing. Note that this doesn’t let you replace sounds, just mute (a lot of) them.

Hope this helps someone! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thought i’d make a clickable link you could quote in , if you wanted :O)

Guess we’ll have to wait for an update.

2 Likes

Still waiting, patience.

5 Likes

Still waiting for a fix, this might take a while. Queue elevator music while on hold.

1 Like

Haven’t played at all since this horrible change. I still don’t know why Blizz changed the gun sounds all those years ago to the current pea shooter garbage. Please let us use the old gun sounds again. Even better would be a checkbox in the options: “Use Good Gun Sounds”.

3 Likes

Worked for me! Thanks!

Works perfectly, thank you.

Bumping for visibility because it took me entirely too long to find this solution.

Still no word on actually replacing the sounds though.

1 Like