Cant Login - Kicked back to login screen

Hello!

I just wanted to see if something was going on with logging into WoW at the moment.

I go to log in with the Battle.net launcher and it begins the process from “Connecting -> Retrieving realm list” and than kicks me back to the BFA login screen. I tried manually entering my login details but it just says disconnected after putting in my auth codes.

Is anyone else having similar issues?

Just gave it a shot right now and got in no problem. That doesn’t mean that something else might be going on of course :wink:

Are you using the desktop launcher to get in? What have you tried so far for troubleshooting? First thing, as silly as it sounds, is to reboot your computer and see if that helps.

I am using the desktop launcher and it’ll start the login process and than kick me back.

After that, I tried logging in through the BFA login screen but after entering my auth code, it just says disconnected. Tried disconnecting from my wifi (It’s a hotel connect but I was able to log in yesterday).

I haven’t tried rebooting yet! I’ll give that a go.

Give it a try. I’m going to pop over to Twitter to see if anyone else is mentioning issues too. Just because I’m not, doesn’t mean that there may not be some other issue like a common internet provider etc. that could be having trouble with connections too.

Just finished the restart, no luck sadly.

Just starts logging in and kicks me back when it gets to “Retrieving Realm list”

Thank you for the help :slight_smile: I’ll check twitter as well to see if something comes up.

Nothing popping up on twitter from what I can see.

Hopefully this will get moved over to Tech Support for you. But in the meantime, here are some things you can try too:

Understood! Should I submit this over myself or just wait and see if it’s moved?

Tried the troubleshooting steps that I could but sadly don’t have access to the router as I’m in a hotel and limited to their wifi connection :(.

You might have actually found your issue right there! Hotels are notorious for blocking web traffic. If you have a VPN, you can give that a shot, but it might not work due to how the hotel has their network setup.

I’m doing a scan/repair on my wow files currently.

I just found it weird considering I was on yesterday without any issues, I’ll give the VPN a try though!

Are you from singapore or hawaii by any chance?