Can't launch the game

I am having this exact issue… pretty annoying… did you get it working?

Thank you!!! That did the trick! Now for Blizz to patch that until they can ger DirectX 12 compatibility sorted out :slight_smile: EDIT: spoke too soon – after getting the game running, I clicked on Achievements and it gave me the “not responding” whiteout and spinning mouse cursor …

Another iMac user here. WoW has been a bit buggy for a few weeks with random crashes, but the new update has completely botched everything. Trying to launch either from Battle.net or the WoW app itself sends me immediately to the Blizzard Error report screen. Uninstall/reinstall did nothing. I regret signing up so early to play this content. Should have known not to give Blizzard paid days to fix their launch code. Sigh…

dx12 have been an issue for some since shadowlands. It wasn’t game breaking for me, but I did have some issues with textures blinking. I’ve been on dx11 since 9.0 and I still cant get into the game properly. If I sit on my hands watching the white screen for about a half hour it resolves until I have to log in again, then I’m back to square one.

One thing I noted last night was when I blew away the WFT folder, the game never rebuilt the wtf.cfg file. I had to copy it back over from my backup (which I thankfully made). It used to be that the game would rebuild that folder back to stock if it was deleted.

Another mac user here, and I am also going immediately from launch to error report since the update. Happens whether I use the launcher or the WOW app or the reopen button on the Blizzard Error Report window.

Another Mac user here, I also still can’t launch the game with the error code.

Yet another Mac user. Can’t launch, goes straight to error screen

Mac User here too. Running Mac Pro -Monterey 12.5 did everything they said to resolve problem. Reinstalled 3 times. Wiped entire WOW cache, data files everything… same issue 10.0.0.46313 is loaded and will crash moments after launch. WOW we need a patch pls.

2 Likes

I am also having this issue. Seems like it is specifically an issue with Intel based macs:

1 Like

Looks like a possible workaround:

Blizzard has confirmed the workaround…

1 Like

Work around still doesn’t work for me mac pro Monterey 12.6.1

Work well for me … Thanks a lot, i am back to the game :slight_smile:

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)
With MacOS Catalina Version 10,15,7

Hello, I tried the work around change to the file in WTF, but did not work, still crashed one second after pressing “PLAY.”

I’m on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), running 10.15.7 , 2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB.

still hoping to play,
Thanks

1 Like

Have the maintenance this morning fix the issue yet? Mac user here as well

1 Like

The posted work around worked for me. Can’t say I’m a big fan of the new UI. The editing features need work.

Tried disabling sound, minimizing graphics, and having the DirectX 11 rather than default 12 (Windows 11 on AMD gaming laptop) and was able to play for about ten minutes (went to Boralus and going through cooking recipes and tracking for ingredients which is a nice addition since you can track like quest objectives) but the screen “fogged up” again with the mouse cursor spinning circle for about five minutes. I have plenty of memory and space on the SSD. Cache cleared.

So I had the 30 minute waits both times I logged in on the first day of the patch, it booted right up the only time I logged in on the second day, and now on the third I seem to be back to waiting.

Late 2019 Mac running OS 13.0 - work around does not work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.