Can't join Gen chat and quest UI

Ever since I rolled this toon I have never been able to join general chat. When I right click the chat window and look at channels it shows general greyed out (no other chat chans). Suggestions? I’ve removed all addons and still nothing.

Also it seems the blizzard quest UI has either changed or isn’t working for me. It used to be when I moused over a quest npc it might say the quest name and “10/12” or something. I got a new computer at Christmas–no addons nothing–and it still doesn’t work properly. It will highlight the areas on the map and track, but the mouse over action doesn’t seem to function anymore. Appreciate any suggestions.

Try typing the following in game chat.
/join General
If it is the whole “General chat channels” greyed out also type in this as well
/join Trade

Already tried that. Nothing happens or says invalid chat channel. What else do you recommend?

Edit: I went to Dalaran and successfully joined Trade. Then looked at settings for chat and it showed I was in General. So a strange solution but it worked anyway.

Okay the plot thickens. Sorry but this is too weird. When I am outside an instance or main city, I can’t be in general. It just says “Left channel [name].” So the only reason I really want to be in general is for leveling, questing, etc and apparently I can’t be in a channel while out in the world question. Appreciate any ideas. =/

Known issue. Tough to isolate.

Darn. thanks. It’s EVERY zone tho outside a main city. Oh well… thank you for the reply!