Can't Have These(World Quest Bug)

thank you for exact coordinates!

I had this same problem, but I believe the bug comes from finding the artifact before you’re supposed to. It appears that the device wants you to find the artifacts in a very specific order, so when you find one of the relics before you’re meant to, the quest doesn’t account for that behavior and just attempts to send you to an artifact that you’ve already collected.

To be more specific on why I think this is happening to so many people is because when the device is pointing you to the 4th artifact from the position of the third it naturally crosses over the position of the 5th artifact, so players are running over it on their way to the 4th one and grabbing it out of order. The quest then gets stuck pointing the player to the wrong object. If this happens to you, just check the coordinates around 12, 40, that is the position of the 4th artifact.

Also having this issue. Stuck at 4/5. Visited every waypoint listed on wowhead and in this thread and I cannot find the last one. My device keeps pointing me to one that I already looted.

1 Like

thats where clue leads to, but nothing is there

This is where I found it. Thank you

Same, Quest Item tracks to location of rock and log on ground near the water but item doesn’t appear. 4/5 other than this one. Looked at alternate locations others suggested and not finding any.

This! For me it was near the really big tree on the north east part of the wq zone.

Add me to the list of people having this same problem. Tracker item always points to the location near the logs but there’s never an item there to loot. The only way I’ve gotten to 4/5 items is by sheer dumb luck running across them without using the tracker.

North East big tree is the missing artifact!

I quit this quest. Will forever ignore it now. Rewards not even worth it

Also having this issue but my friend was able to complete, now I forever have to stare at the 99% completed quest in my quest log that I’ll never be able to finish. Siiiiigh lol

the problem seems to be from getting an artifact that someone else uncovered, causing it to bug and send you to that spot, but no artifact spans, they need to make it so you cannot see other people’s artifact, or make it so they can spawn in the same place twice.

I could not do more than one, kept going to that spot. Walking around did not show anymore.

Life saver, thank you! This was driving me nuts!

Stuck with 3/5. Not worth it (though it would be if it gave Tuskarr rep :-p )

I too am stuck on this, have been for DAYS. Each day I go back and try to complete it. Tried dropping it and going back, still the same thing. The artifact finder wont even move for my anymore, it just gets to 4/5 and sits there. I have ran around the zone and tried. I did EVERYTHING blizz suggested (as my ticket time is 14 days -_- ) but nothing is working.

Worked like a charm. TY!

As an update, I’m not sure if this is just me or if this was a temp fix Blizz shadow patched in but I was using the video kindly posted by Ahriana and going to each artifact spot. When I reached the third spot it was just sitting there no tracker needed to make it appear. I would recommend checking for those of you who still have not completed the WQ since it only has 12hrs remaining. Stay safe everyone and Happy Holidays.