Can't continue War Within

I’ll try and keep this brief, but I’m very new to WoW. I was doing the war within campaign to try and unlock the Earthern, since I thought it’d be nice to have all the races unlocked. While progressing through the campaign on my death knight, after finishing the quests for killing kobolds and collecting candles in the ringing deeps, I never got a quest to continue the campaign. I had reached level 80 at that point, so I tried turning on low level quests on the map but still nothing. Later on I read online that I needed reputation with the major factions in the region, so I tried that. Currently I have most major factions in dornagal at renown 4 or higher except for the severed threads, which is where I’m stuck. I did all the world quests and can’t even earn one renown level with the severed threads, and I don’t know what else I can do to gain renown or if I don’t even need renown in the first place to get back into the war within campaign. Did I softlock myself or is there something I’m missing? I apologize if this is a simple issue or there’s something small I’ve missed, I’d just like to get back to the campaign and continue playing, yet I can’t find a way to progress or get back to the campaign, I can’t even find a way to pick a side with one of the severed thread faction leaders neither.

Based on your achievements, you finished the campaign quests in the Ringing Deeps. I believe the Kobold quest lines are part of the “Sojourner” quests, and IIRC, those don’t necessarily have breadcrumbs. You haven’t completed the Sojourner achievement, so they should still be available, but it may be that they’re now low-level quests (and thus don’t automatically show up on the map and mini-map). There should be a toggle in the map for showing low-level quests, and you’ll want to make sure you have it toggled on.

1 Like

The Severed Threads is an odd rep. You never earn renown with The Severed Threads directly. You earn renown with the three factions within it - The General, The Visies, and The Weaver - and that adds to your overall Severed Threads renown.

There’s a good summary comment about it here:

and a guide here:

Have you made weekly pacts with one of the three yet? You get renown with whichever of the three you make a pact with that week, and pretty much all of your activities in the zone contributeto the renown, but without a pact, you get no renown for doing them.

1 Like