Can't contain links in my posty

Why not? I don’t get it. Just replying to someone with a quote and I’m not able to. New forums suck.

1 Like

Well, you are only Trust level 1.

1 Like

If your Trust Level is not of the level to directly post URLs, you can highlight the link & click the </> icon above where you type to have it appear as a link someone can just copy/paste to visit.

Then the link will appear as this example below:

www.worldofwarcraft.com

3 Likes

what is trust level and why is it a thing?

It is the system that Blizzard has to outlines what can & cannot be done in our posts.

If you wish to learn more about it, here is a post:

3 Likes

But some people can post things, where others can’t? That doesn’t make sense.

Seems like stupid gatekeeping to me. Just let people post stuff. So weird.

Thanks Kyzera…was looking for that.

3 Likes

Explains trust levels, what you must do (roughly), and even explains how you can have links in you post at TL 1

3 Likes

Makes perfect sense, you are only Trust Level 1, they others are at TL2 or TL3. it’s a privilege you EARN.

Um no…

I have seen what happens when forums are unregulated. I lost one of my favorite wargaming forums due to allowing unregulated posts.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, not everyone abides by the Code of Conduct when they post, Edgeboi.

That is why we adopted trust levels with the new forums. Keep in mind the previous forum didn’t allow anyone that wasn’t a Blizzard employee to post any URLs that weren’t on an approved list.

The new one allows forum participants, who have shown to be a positive member of the community, the ability post links once they reach trust level 3.

I’m sorry if that inconveniences you, or you think that it is… dumb… but those protections are necessary to help maintain these forums.

8 Likes

I actually appreciate such a method of gatekeeping. Without it, such features would be abused. Off-topic, I do find the comical uses of such features to be quite entertaining.

5 Likes

What about the thousands of posts that I’ve made in the past, across several different characters? Just, thrown out the window eh?

Yup. Everybody was started with a clean slate and at the ground floor when they launched the new forums.

5 Likes

Yep. I had over 40k posts previously and with the new forums I’m treated just like everyone else.

It’s really not that big a deal if the forums are something that you’re interested in posting on regularly.

9 Likes

I doubt I’ll get to trust 3 with my questionable post history. Not really interested. I do try to play the game more than play the forums.

I’m almost to 20,000 read posts. I just look at it like a rep grind. I’ll get there.

Be nice if TL3s had like a yellow text or something.

1 Like

Yes. There was no way to import that over, so everyone started from scratch.

5 Likes

Obligated MG post
No way to important?

3 Likes

Damned shame. I’ve had nothing but a headache using the new forums. I really dislike them, and ever since their introduction my posting has cut back significantly.

RIP

I find that extremely unfortunate, I’m sorry you’ve experienced naught else. Contrary-wise, I’ve found them to be a major breath of fresh air compared to the last iteration of the forums. Definitely think there could be a little bit of a buffer with maintaining trust levels, but it’s only a minor inconvenience.

4 Likes

Unfortunate. I found the forums quite easy to use.

4 Likes