Can't Complete "The Fourth War" Achievement/"Old Soldier"

I have completed “Ready for War” and “Tides of Vengeance”. I am not able to get “Old Soldier” completed for “The Fourth War” Achiev and the title “Veteran of the Fourth War.” I have waited a day, as I know you guys are very busy, and I have used the afore-mentioned script given by GM ‘V’ in the previous Bliz response. By using /script print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(52654)) - the result is a simple “true” statement in the chat window.

Matthias Shaw and Jaina do not have quests. Anduin is not in Stormwind. I checked with Chromie and she refers to the Shadowlands campaign. I’m not able to select anything for quests. There are none. How do I get to “Old Soldier” completion?

I’ve been reading wowhead and reddit and the comments section there for days trying to figure what is required. I’ve completed all of the requirements necessary. Something is wrong. I’ve been told by other gamers to have you “Flag” the quest? I don’t know what that means. Is there a way to set me on the correct path? The character in question is Keìr - Dalaran - Void Elf - Hunter. Some of the quests in “Ready For War” and “Tides of Vengeance” were completed by my Paladin - Dalaran - Dwarf - Bearsatgniy (though the last 4-5 letters in his name are maybe spelled in a different order. I’ll check him and add his name to the next ticket blurb by me.) (Bearsatngiy? It’s weird.)

Anyway. What the heck am I supposed to do. After scouring reddit and wowhead, there is no solution that applies to me here. I can’t go any further. The result for the script if the requirements for War Campaign 8.2, if the quests are completed, is “true”. There is no quest to get further into “Old Soldier” requirement for “The Fourth War.” I would complete the Fourth War requirements for Old Soldier - if they were there. Anduin is not in Stormwind. He’s being held by the Jailer. :frowning: Nazjatar quests are at 100% According to wowhead - i DO NOT NEED to do the Raid that’s still left in Nazjatar for this Achiev. My “i” letter for Keìr’s name is Alt/Num Pad 141.

Sincerely,
/Keìr

Have you checked to make sure you aren’t mid-chain on some other thing that is phasing things so you can’t move on? Check out wowhead comments for the quest “Payment in Kind”. I would recommend getting the addon BtWQuests, as this helps immensely by showing the quest chain links to proceed through the storylines.

Hey! Thank you so much for the info on the addon for BtWQ I will check that out. It will hopefully show me what is missing. Yes, “Payment in Kind” seems to be the one I’m looking for, should be in Nazjatar, but Jaina doesn’t have any quests at the moment. I have Exalted rep there w/the fish folks.
I’ve thought about phasing, and one of the things I went looking for was the first quest into Broken Shore, like if you get the medallion, talk w/King Varian (xSpelling) but then drop the quest when you get to Broken Shore. I’ve been looking for things like that. The script idea that the GM gave me is great as it tells me which specific quest #s to use from wowhead. I’ve been doing that too, with a list of quests to see if there’s one that’s not completed.

I wonder if my progress is hosed and says it’s completed by 100% because alts were allowed to do some of the requirements, but it all worked towards the same goal. Does my Keir have to go back to Drust maybe? lol

The alt completion thing, particularly if it involves anything Blizzard flagged complete when they pruned some required stuff (to allow alts to progress faster), has given me problems like this. BtWQuests has been a god send for me on alts for just this reason, and the author was smart and each expansion has its own module so you don’t have to have the whole thing loaded all the time.

1 Like

I was trying to get BtWQuests to work today, but it was causing serious issues with vendors where I wasn’t able to sell anything. LoL >,<" I don’t usually use Add-ons. WoW says the addon currently is outdated, so maybe that’s why I’m having issues in game with it. I’ll try again, in a bit. I installed it using Curse-Forge.

When I have put in tickets in game about this - they tell me I need to go to Nazjatar - which I’ve completed to 100% according to the infamous wowhead, AND I just got Exalted Rep with the fish people. I was really irked about the last GM response. I don’t think they actually read the information I’ve been typing. 2 or 3 of those have happened, regarding this situation.

Bliz used to have good customer service. :frowning: I feel so frustrated. Telling me to do quests I’ve told them I’ve already completed (Exalted rep? How else could that happen?? lol) - is a cop-out on the GM’s part.

Sincerely,
Keir

1 Like

i’m not sure i’m understanding…

while achievements are account-wide, once a quest chain is started, you need to see it through to completion on that character.
you can’t just jump between characters which are in the middle of a chain to obtain completion.
it doesn’t matter if some characters have done some of the quests.

pick one character to work with.

this shows completion for the quest “The War Campaign”
the final quest in that chain is:

…which needs to be completed in order to obtain the quest “The Old Soldier”… which is also part of a chain, which begins with:

world quests

GMs don’t give game hints.

I’m not entirely sure what you’re implying here? Your information is not helpful at all.

I’m not asking for game hints, I’ve completed everything listed for the Achievement. My reference to bad customer service is from the responses I’ve received from GM’s that do not relate to anything I asked in my tickets. It seemed like they didn’t read the tickets, based on what they replied to me. That’s one of the other reasons I’m here.

If you go to BFA Achievement tracker on wowhead, everything for this character is at 100%. And how can I have done any of the WQ’s if I hadn’t completed the story line for Naz? Even the Naz storyline on the BFA Achievement tracker on wowhead is at 100%.

Why would I lie and come here to report a potential bug? That makes no sense. Just trolling? :frowning: Not helpful.

"you can just jump between characters.
it doesn’t matter if some characters have done some of the quests.

pick one character to work with."

At the time I was doing the quests, it was stated in the Achievement that I could do them on multiple characters and complete the Achievement. Was that incorrect? Are you a Gm? O,o How could I know if that’s correct or not when it says I have 100% complete in the BFA Achiev tracker on wowhead?

Seem kinda haughty in your attitude. :frowning: I’m looking for information.
Also - I used the number of the quest the GM told me to use to check my own progress - and that’s the number and the result. She said the script would say if I completed the quest or not. So - complain to them, maybe?

Edit: also - “A Nation Divided” is the very first quest in the area. Where you get the Ferry Pass, eventually. Are you kidding me?

Nevermind, I looked at your other posts, and they all have the same ring to them. :frowning: Trolling.

i typed up a massive reply, then deleted it.

i understand you’re frustrated, and i probably got thrown in the wrong direction because your post is way too wordy and throwing in a whole bunch of irrelevant stuff.

not sure how you came to that conclusion, one of my last posts was helping to get someone back on track again…

ok.

i took some time to try and pick out the relevant parts of your post.
(i can see why the GM couldn’t figure out what you were talking about, keep things simple, stick to the basics ONLY.)

you haven’t done any of the quests in Kalimdor…
so now it’s a matter of working backwards to find out where you dropped the quest chain.

go to Naz’jatar.

talk to jaina.

see if she has a quest for you.

Signed, the troll.

Ok, so here is the fix to my situation. Apparently if you have completed Achievements and your character has credit for this, you still have to do some of them again on the character in question. It’s a little confusing for me, because I came into BFA towards the last 8 months of its run, before SL was released. At this time, the Achievs were allowed to be made on Alts and counted towards completion, this is why the quests would show up as being “Completed” in Achievements Panel and on wowhead.com’s quest tracker. I still don’t totally understand - but I finally ran into a GM that did - and he set my character next to the NPC that had the quest I needed to complete. It was in Tiragarde Sound! ! I’ve run these quests on a lot of alts! I had no idea they didn’t really count towards being ‘complete’. Running through them with VE/Hunter Keir went very quickly. I had completed most of TS but there were 4 or maybe 5 out of order that I had not completed. If the GM hadn’t set me on this path, I wouldn’t have known about it! O,o One of the things I was having an issue with was the BFA story-line quests w/the little bar at the top was not showing up in the quest panel, until the GM set me next to the NPC I needed. :slight_smile:

I really wanted to thank the GMs for their help, and to please forgive me for my frustration, eh? I’d been working on it for a week, and the information on wowhead and the Achievs pointed towards me being closer towards the end than I was.

Thank you very, very much! And also, thank you to the players that offered moral support and potential ideas to try out. I will keep those ideas in mind (add-ons.)

I sincerely was ticked off at Sylvanas for destroying Teldrassil when I was on my Hordie. I’d been Horde for 15 or 16 (?) years since BC. I am very grateful that I got to see Saurfang kick Sylv’s metphorical butt.

Thank you. <3

edit: I also didn’t have to complete Stormsong or Drust. I completed Stormsong anyway, and I started on Drust, but I had done the first 4 Drust quests on my Ally - pally.

Jaina wasn’t there. That’s why I went to GM’s and Forums asking for help. A Gm even told me to go to forums and ask for help.

You don’t have to do any quests in Kalimdor for this path. The characters won’t show up on Razor Hill, because it starts in BFA. It’s more a scenario, here.

Keep saying I’m putting in too much information, but Bliz says to be thorough and explain the situation. You’re the only one complaining about it. Just seems really rude.

If you’re not aware, and it seems possible, you cannot edit your original post, or maybe I would have been able to rephrase a few things. I wrote it on a notepad .txt document and copy/pasted it, because if I type my character’s name in the forums, Firefox doesn’t work correctly and thinks I’m using some odd command, and I lose the page. Does that help?