Can't complete Quest - Innovating the Engine

I completed the Tyr’s #5, and only got the essence where I should have gotten the essence and power core. Even abandoning the quest doesn’t reset it.

4 Likes

Had to log out to fix issue

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

+1 - tried to abandon and log and neither worked. Power Core is just gone now.

I completed the 5th but instead of a new core it was just the normal potion to apply to the engine which gave me another spark

same problem as others, no way to fix it, tried relogging and tried abandon and retake quest, nothing helps

1 Like

I completed the 5th but instead of a new core it was just the normal potion to apply to the engine which gave me another spark

same problem as others, no way to fix it, tried relogging and tried abandon and retake quest, nothing helps

Try leaving your group, particularly if you had joined a raid group to do one of the world quests.

I have the same issue. No suggestion fixed it.

THANK YOU! Easy fix for a big GGGRRRRRR.

When trying to complete this quest, I have no power core to replace. It appears that when I turned in the previous quest, the core was removed from my inventory. I can’t complete the quest. I tried logging out, but that didn’t help.

Details: I charged the power core and returned to the Maiden of Inspiration. I turned in the quest to her. I added my bottle to the engine and received a spark. I then looked at the new quest and tried to complete it, but I no longer had the power core to use for this quest.

1 Like

Same issue… completed the 5th quest, I made my 5th Spark and the core was removed from my inventory. abandoned the quest, logged out, waited over night, haven’t found a fix yet.

Okay, I figured out the problem. I did this on another toon and did it “correctly”.

To succeed: Fill the core. Return to the Maiden and turn in the quest. DO NOT use the special action button to get the spark. Pick up the next quest first. This replaces the special action button with one for replacing the core. Use the special action button to replace the core and complete the quest. THEN you can use the special action button again to get the spark.

I look forward to a fix for those of us who used the special action button to get the spark and then didn’t get the core special action button to replace the core.

2 Likes

Same here, cant complete, have 5th spark though.

One more adding to the list of /fail. Tried logging out, UI Edits, and dropping and getting quest again. Got the spark but no core to insert and no button. Worked on my main but not on an alt

Randomly worked for me today. not sure what fixed it.

Simply abandoning the quest did it for me

Still not working for me, Would love to use some sparks on my new alt but dont want to have to do entire quest line. Hopefully gets fixed soon

Fix for not being able to complete the quest after abandoning and retaking it:

1. If you still have the quest, go back to the Maiden.
  2. If still no button, abandon the quest and retake it.
  3. If still no button, leave the Maiden’s aggro range and come back.
  4. Button should pop up.
3 Likes

So I got it to work… by just walking away from my computer for a while and coming back. Suddenly had the right special action button to finish the quest lol

thank you very much!! Walking out of her aggro range reset the quest for me!