Can't Complete Growing the Farm III: the Mossy Boulder

I’m at Sunsong Ranch in Pandaria at Farmer Yoon’s farm. Haohan Mudclaw and Thunder are supposed to be getting rid of the boulder, and though I’ve sat through the countdown multiple times, the boulder still hasn’t disappeared to complete the quest. I’ve tried just sitting here waiting, in case leaving the instance was making it bug out, but Thunder just continues to charge the boulder with the countdown having completed, with nothing else happening.

This continues to happen since I first submitted a ticket in-game. Every time I log out and then log back in again the timer re-sets, and then after the countdown is complete, Thunder continues to charge. Game staff have confirmed that the quest is complete, but have said they cannot assist me or force it to complete so that I can continue the storyline. Gina Mudclaw also does not allow me to purchase the “Earth-Slasher” Master Plow (it is still grayed-out).

3 Likes

I have both of the previous two clears of plots stuck as well. I have also submitted a ticket. I have also been told by a GM with a ticket that they will not do anything.

2 Likes

Ah, great. =/ This is one of the few areas I’ve actually really wanted to complete, and they’re too lazy to troubleshoot it? How long have you been waiting since the issue first began?

Thank you for chiming in, by the way.

2 Likes

I have the same issue - Haohan’s mushan beast charging that boulder for all eternity, no matter what I do.

Sure, I completed Sunsong on my main ages ago, but I have been having a good time with it on an alt recently, and this sure takes the joy out of it.

I guess it bugged out with the latest patch, just like the Draenor garrison followers…?

1 Like

From other posts, this is apparently happening at the end of all 3 of the Growing The Farm quest with Gai Lan (weeds), Fish Felreed (Wagon), and Haohan Mudclaw and Thunder (Mossy Boulder). I currently have two characters stuck at the end of Growing the Farm II, and Growing the Farm III, respectively, for almost 5 days now and have an open ticket.

Disheartening to hear Blizz saying there’s nothing they can do about it in response to tickets others have opened.

2 Likes

This glitch affects all expansions of the farm atm, not just the third.

The farm is simply broken.

This might not be an issue with the patch as much as a temporary issue with the server.

If the problem persists beyond the weekly reset tomorrow then we are in trouble, though.

2 Likes

It is 1/20/2020 and I am having the same issues with Growing the farm. I tried to submit a ticket and it sent me here. I hope they can fix it, I really enjoy the farm quests.

3 Likes

Can confirm that the glitch is still present after the weekly reset. This is not a temporary server issue, but a problem that arose with the implementation of patch 8.3.
Farms are worthless beyond their current capacity until this is specifically addressed by blizzard (either to fix the issue in general or offer hotfixes via tickets), which could be never.

If you run into this problem, submit a ticket. It does not matter if they told someone else they wont help. The more people that submit tickets, the more likely they are to troubleshoot it. And they might have found a fix in the meantime that requires you to submit a ticket to apply.

5 Likes

Yeah, my husband is at a different part in the quest chain (removing the wagon) and it broke for him, too. Had him submit tickets and bug reports, so the more, the merrier!

Thanks for confirming, by the way!

2 Likes

I don’t feel so alone now but sheeeshhh. I LOVE growing veggies with all my toons and was hot to get my current alt TO Panda-land so I could do this again. I submit bug reports daily on this thing.

3 Likes

You need to leave the farm area, go do some quests until the time runs out.

Waiting for the timer to run out is not the issue. The timer runs out and nothing happens. If you leave the farm instance and come back, the timer is reset. Rinse and repeat forever.

This is annoying because it prevents you from finishing the farm and buggs out the NPC who is helping expand it so you can’t do anything with them anymore. The quest simply disappears as well, so it isn’t like you can abandon it and try again. This is something that they need to fix on their end as there is nothing we can do :confused:

4 Likes

I got another follow up to my bug report and they are now saying that a number of people have reported the problem and they are investigating it. So it’s a start! =)

3 Likes

Woohoo, keep sending those bug reports, then! =] Hopefully it’ll motivate them to keep working on it.

Because, yeah, this is one of the more calming areas of the game normally… I’d like to be able to keep playing here. I don’t care how silly it seems to spend so much time with in-game farming. ::laughs::

2 Likes

I’ve been having this issue for a week now. I submitted a ticket and was told that they do not see an issue on their end but they are forwarding it to the bug issue people and told me to submit a bug also. I hope this gets fixed soon!

4 Likes

I’m having this same bug on The Mossy Boulder portion of the quest - the timer keeps resetting without completing the quest or opening the plots. Submitted a bug report, hoping there’s a fix soon.

3 Likes

I have a toon there as well and now have the first two clear quests stuck. Just annoying as all heck.
Why can’t they fix it?

3 Likes

1/25/2020 Adding my annoyance here. I love doing the farming in Pandaria! Filed bug report.

4 Likes

Before 8.3 i tried unlocking all of the farm to make alot of livingsteel/trillium to make the reborn blacksmith weapons all 5 of my toons got to the last plot and no matter what it would not open waiting the timer or not, so i think this has been a problem for awhile, 8.3 just broke the other sections

1 Like

I am having the same issue and have filed a bug report as well.

3 Likes