Cant climb rating as a 0 cr player in 2s or 3s

Im 0 cr on a new character and can not get any honor or rating in areans. Everything I fight is 1300+ and me and my team mate are both under 400 rating. How is a 300 cr team getting matched against geared people who are 1300+ ?

1 Like

Because your mmr is similar. Generally MMR kind of correlates with CR but it’s not possible to reach 300 mmr as the realistic bottom is like 1000ish. Just keep playing and eventually you’ll be low enough to win.

1 Like

Its a new character with 0 cr literally no games played

Yeah, and it’ll start you around 1200-1400 mmr or something. In placements you move up or down quicker to help you get where you need to be.

If you still aren’t winning then get some more gear from outside of arena.

Bluntly, 1400 or so is where the game defaults everybody to. If you need to be lower than that you’ll need to lose your placement games enough that you get games at the mmr you want.

I cant do these arenas as a new player I guess. It’s just carry after carry 1 shotting me. Literally a unholy DK 1500 rating with a 200 rating balance druid. DK 1 shot both of us. This game makes no sense

Go get like 20 item levels from battlegrounds and try again.

1 Like

Your gear needs major improvement before you arena. Get 30%+ versatility/haste and 270+ pvp item level. Then you can start pushing rating.

2 Likes

its a pretty flawed system, take a look around you might notice literally tousands of posts complaining about this xpacs gearing system.

keep playing, eventually your MMR will tank super low and you will fight other noobs/undergeared people.

1 Like

Flagged as trolling. These threads are tiresome and boring.

As are the majority of your posts. Flagged as trolling.

:billed_cap:

Flagged for trolling

yah the current pvp gearing system is toxic. if i were you, id unsub until next xpac until blizz introduces gear equalization.

Claims its a freash toon.

Complains about placement games

Has arena achievments from this expansion.

Good call on reporting for trolling.

Also noted, he made a duplicate thread previously. OP is copied word for word

2 Likes

This happens at all ratings

This. At 1600-1800 you most likely are going up against people with duelist gear a lot of the time so it for sure happens at all ratings. It sucks and is not a good system. People who say its not the gear git good blah blah blah… are full of it. Yes gear is not everything but it makes a HUGE difference in both damage / healing and survivability. The gear difference makes playing alt’s very frustrating.