Can't choose my characters on the forums

For some reason when I try to post on the forums via another character and click change character under my portrait it is only giving me the option of choosing from a couple characters, most are low level alts.

I wanted to post on my 50 Hunter Seri in the Hunter forums but she is not on the list, and when I search her name in the filter bar it says no character matching your filter exists.

5 Likes

Same here! I mostly play Horde, but none of them show up except for my Classic characters. I want to be able to post on my Horde shaman!

1 Like

I still cannot select my Hunter Seri as a character here on the forums. :frowning: My Druid doesn’t seem to be level 60 on the forums either, so what is going on?

Hi Riot,

Can you please try out troubleshooting steps?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/troubleshooting-steps-for-missing-characters-on-the-wow-forums/727161

1 Like

This doesn’t work.

1 Like

This feature bugged in the last few days of BFA. It briefly worked recently and I cannot change characters again.

Can choose and post here, but not on bug forum. Bugged bug forum. Wow bliz. Getting worse every day. Thank goodness I chose a small sub.

1 Like

Yeah I cant choose any characters to post from on my phone however from my desktop it still works. I can log on to the forums from both just no characters on the phone

3 Likes

I am also getting this.

My computer can’t detect any of my toons nor can my phone.

I’m only able to be on Fenelon cause I haven’t logged out in the phone yet.

Edit: before I lose my ability to post at all, customer support on this basically told me I’m on my own. They have no tools to reestablish anything.

Best they suggested was to log into affected toons for ten minutes hitting several zones and then logging out using the logout function in game.

4 Likes

same. what do?

3 Likes

So my desktop lost my toon to post on but my phone didn’t.
I logged out to see if it would fix seeing my toons armory, went to log back in and bam, lost my posting toon.
Tried wiping cache, nothing. Bonkers…

Blizz I think you broke the forums with maintenance :crying_cat_face:

Edit: tried the suggestion above to no avail. Even did lfr which took me awhile. I’ve logged back out, in. Even the armory is broken. Something needs to be fixed :confused:

4 Likes

Yeah getting 500 error on any searches on Blizz site too

1 Like

Same here. Only show two Vanilla characters.

I’ve followed the steps in the above blue post. Logged out of forums logged into game. Logged all character on the main server I play on (Khazhgoroth). Logged out of game and back into forums but still only shows two vanilla characters.

Update: something got fixed. I logged out of the forums after doing a swarm of things (like doin the blue posts thing AGAIN and Fen’s suggestion) and back in and BAM my toons were back! Looks like armory got fixed too, no more error 500.

I’m fixed :joy_cat:

3 Likes

Yes it does appear to be fixed now for those of us who had that issue.

I can get back to working on my thread. Lol

2 Likes

I have all my characters showing, but I can’t switch to any of them. I wanted to follow the advice here: Troubleshooting Steps for Missing Characters on the WoW Forums but I don’t see how to log off my current character on the forums. Every option I click doesn’t give me a choice to log off.

Again, all my characters are showing on the forums, but when I try to choose a different one to post with, nothing happens.

1 Like

I had this issue recently and a relog fixed. If that doesn’t do it for you then I suggest creating a new thread as it sounds like a different issue than what’s been reported here.

2 Likes

Thanks. I couldn’t log out of the forums, but I logged out of my account and back on. I tried changing characters and it worked–but it took a very long time for the forums to respond and make the actual change. Took even longer to get back to this character. But, it worked.
:+1:

2 Likes

All my characters on my wow main account are missing again.

Last time this happened I had to reinstall the desktop app and the entire game.

2 Likes