Can't change my character

I can not chnage my character when trying to post a form it is set to my wow classic character and will not let me change it. I’ve logged out of my account several times came back in and it still does this. Please fix the issue. I don’t know what else to do. I’d like to be able to change my character to the one i use in retail

3 Likes

This is an issue with the forums pulling from the armory, which has been borked for quite some time. The best I can tell you is to log out again, clear your browser cache and try again. It’s not a guarantee, though sometimes works. But this isn’t something that anyone here can fix.

You’ll want to use this forum to report any website issues, which is what this is:

1 Like

I have done all that. I don’t know what is going on with it. It’s not right that it’s doing this

Just for my own personal info - wasn’t forcing a password change a viable option to possibly “fix” the forums display of characters, etc? I haven’t seen that suggested in a while. At a cursory glance I can’t find any mentions of changing passwords to get the forums to behave properly, but I swear I remember this.

:thinking:

Probably a case of me misremembering… if someone could set me straight. Thanks!

Mine did that a few days ago but it fixed itself the next day. Give it a day and then try logging out and back in.

1 Like

I had to log out and log back in several times the last time this happened to me.

Aye is that what’s going on? I was wonderin’ why I could nae get off Bowen here and onto one of me other characters.

What I did last time this happened to me was to log fully out of the forums, enter WoW, log in on the character I wanted to post on, close WoW, and then log back in on the forums. It brought all my characters back to the selection list.

2 Likes

It’s bugging once again. They way it is supposed to reset is that you simply log out completely and then refresh. And then log ack in, your toon then can be selected. But even then., quite a few of my toons are not even able to be found. And then there is the fact that you sometimes cannot change back and forth among your toons very easily anymore.

Try a full logout, then refresh, then look at your toon list, select your new posting toon and see if it is properly selected. A GM told me in a ticket a long while back that they changed the process because people kept accidentally changing posting toons when they were inspecting their toons in armoury. So now you got to do the whole page rest thing and may have to click the toon you want a few times back to back. Its still a little laggy but will work eventually.

Your toon also has to be refreshed server side as well so as Eldris above said ^ that too applies.