Can't buy items in the in Service shop or the shop menu overall

Hey so I’m from Sweden and I’ve been playing World of Warcraft for a long time there, recently my friends from US invited me over to come play with them after the announcement of World of Warcraft Shadowlands. It has been going great so far and I’ve been having a lot of fun playing with them.

But, recently I found out that I can’t buy anything from the in game shop. I recently tried buying a WoW Token to get some gold on the account. But then I get an error that said “Whoops! Looks Like Something Went Wrong”. And it tells me that I can’t buy it from the shop, but it said that I can buy it on their site instead. When I go on the site to buy the WoW Token it said that I can buy the item in the in game shop instead, but like I said before that shop dosen’t work for me.

I also sent in a ticket about this, it didn’t really help much so i thought that I’d make a post here on the forum about it and maybe someone here has had the same thing happen to them.

I don’t know if the shop is disabled for people who aren’t from the US region.
If that is the case then I don’t understand why they would allow you to buy and pre-purchase the expansion without a problem, but you’re not able to use the in game or website shop. I wanted to buy a few 120 boosts to make my life easier since I’ve leveled a lot of times on EU servers.

Let me know what the cause would be for this, I tried to find some information about the law if there might be something with Sweden and buy items and services cross-region but I couldn’t find anything. If I could have a GM respond, that would be great. There must be something wrong since I don’t understand why they wouldn’t want my money.

5 Likes