Can't buy 100% Elekk Mount

Well darn… it worked for me :frowning: … Did you get close to him? if you try to access at max interaction range it tends to bug out, too.

Come on Blizzard, this is a basic function that has been broken for several days. I just want my 100% mount. Why are you so incompetent?

1 Like

How is this trash still broken?

1 Like

I had this happen to me, hit 30, bought 75 riding then couldn’t get the elekk merchant to open the shop. Tried the clicky from other angles, nothing. So i went and dragged a nearby mob over and got it next to him and the guard killed it, and suddenly i could buy my mount.
So i dunno if it was just me being in combat, or the nearby guard, or random luck but that got it working after 30 min or so of trying.

2 Likes

Bumping to express my frustrations. I have been experiencing this bug for the past several days.

Same issue.

Hit 60. Bought mount training at the Exodar. Vendor at the Exodar is clickable but does not open his vendor window to purchase a mount. Doesn’t matter what angle, time of day, combat scenario, etc etc, he’s just broken.

Since Sept 1st…

I know your company is on fire ActiBlizz, but the very least anyone can do is keep up on customer service and reply to this.

1 Like

I posted this in the wrong forum, meant to put it here in the Classic bug report but somebody found a workaround. Basically you need to arrive to Exodar by boat, not by portal. Go to Darnassus then take the boat to Exodar. Can't buy Epic Elekk ground mount

Oh god! This is terrible. I clicked on the handler before training to see how much the mounts cost, and then after training I went back to get my fast elekk. Holiday weekend and this is just broke as heck. Come on folks, quick patch…

Ugh, this is annoying. Was able to modify the workaround previously mentioned with my wife and I:

Walked away from the vendor/area (north by northeast) Enough for the the NPC to disappear/out of Exodar. Logged off. Logged on. Walked back to the vendor. Once I got it to work, I told my wife exactly what to do and we got it on hers first try.

My theory is that is isn’t necessary what angle it is coming from but from what may be loaded in memory when you interact with the vendor. Coming from the North may be avoiding loading another NPC or something else that is preventing it from working correctly. This is why I was logging off though I don’t think it would be required. I have also considered completely closing the client in position as a troubleshooting step.

5 Likes

Can confirm this, walked to 40,43 , exited game and was able to get it after logging back in

OMG! THANK YOU THIS ACTUALLY WORKS LOL! I was losing hope.

Also wanted to confirm that arriving to Exodar by boat allowed me to purchase a mount. Thanks

Confirming that it worked for me! Thanks!

I just tried this and can confirm it worked for me. Thank you for taking the time to type this out!

Boat to darkshore/back to exodar worked for me

2 Likes

Taking the boat and coming back fixed it for me

1 Like

OMG IT WORKED FOR ME TOO! You sir deserve a job at blizz, because it seems noone there actually cares about this game…

Thank you so much. I have been trying for four days without any luck until I came across your post.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.