Can't believe i'm gonna say this

but i kinda wished we got sethrak back in bfa, and not just because mechagnomes suck. i kinda wish we got’em so i could roll a sneaky, stealthy, scaley, squirmy snakeman that slithers out of the shadows and backstabs my enemies.

i mean, they’ve got more lore than vulpera so far (since we actually know who/what they worship, where they come from, their history, etc), they’d have excellent choice in classes (all the clothies ‘n’ mail wearers, along with warrior/dk, rogue and maybe monk ‘n’ paladin…), plus, they’d get a krolusk mount, one that’s low-to-no effort!

…the reason i’m hesitant/can’t believe i’m saying this, is i felt they would’nt really be a good race since, y’know, no differences between the genders, but honestly, i don’t think that’d be that big of a problem anymore; i’ve seen a TON of people say they can’t tell the gender-differences between the vulpera so this would’nt be a deal-breaker to me anymore.

now which faction well… that’s… that’s the hard part. can’t join horde, cause they enslaved the vulpera, can’t join alliance, cause very, VERY little interaction. but y’know what? blizz could shoehorn them into either side, would’nt be a big deal (atleast, to me).

so… that’s about it. maybe it’s cause i’m sick of the current races/allied-races we got that makes me want’em, but either way, i’d love for’em to be playable.

4 Likes

There’s a whole bunch of people who wanted them, and still do:

I’m still hopeful that the next expansion takes us back to Azeroth and just makes a whole mess o’ races playable, because why not? More options is always good.

Also technically Sethrak already have a female model with Sethraliss. The differences are extremely slight, body wise, but they could always do different hood adornments or eye shapes to add more dimorphism if they really want to.

5 Likes

Just give me Drakonids or something.

Get me out of this extraplanar stuff and back on a place that I’m more familiar with.

2 Likes

i wanted the lion kitty people from wod

but the snake people would have been amazing too

3 Likes

Yeah getting an actual new race would’ve been nice.

Instead we got cosmetic options for existing races that they passed off as new races lol. Pretty annoying

4 Likes

Would have liked the Horde better if sethrak was in vulperas allied race spot tbh

yeah, but vulpera use the goblin skeleton and blizz wanted to save money so… what’re ya gonna do? also, vulpera are awesome.

Vulpera are great and deserved to be playable.

But Alliance got done dirty with the diaper gnomes.

1 Like

Mechagnomes are decent with their hertiage armor but anything else yeah true

also, isn’t it a little odd that blizz said that they could’nt give us sethrak because how would they wear helmets, but then gave us gnomes that can’t wear shoes, gloves, or bracers?

1 Like

I made sure to make a DK one before SL reset levels, in case I ever feel motivated to unlock their heritage armor. It’s extremely low on my list of priorities.

Other than that, I’ll never play one unless they make a Tinker class. Hideous little things.

I don’t think they ever directly gave a reason for not adding them, though that was certainly a player argument against them. Not even an effective one, since people did art mockups of how helmets would work on them just as well as they work on Tauren and Worgen (read: not very well, but still there).

ah. was just about to mention how they could do it like those guys (or darkspear trolls, i mean, the trolls get certain helmets as open-face so… y’know).

for example:

3 Likes

see, i was more thinking like this

i.redd.it/ljrryldh7ou21.jpg

that’s

btw. close-faced on other races, not on darkspears.
…also, the mock-up you found is better than the one i did.

i.redd.it/9yss7ifjehs01.jpg

also, apparently i can’t include links with my posts except for WoWhead. so… that’s a thing.
also, yes that’s a pic of a troll for the first one, just showing how it’s open-faced for’em.

Still got hope we’ll see playable Sethrak in the future.

:crossed_fingers::snake:

1 Like

I still can’t believe the “edgy” MMO franchise (at least compared to XIV/ESO) doesn’t have a snarling lizard race to paste on its front covers yet. Seriously. The Sethrak would have been perfect.

I want one so bad. No analogue for my Iksar and Argonian army in WoW yet. :sob:

2 Likes