Can't believe Allied Races still aren't unlocked for all

I always saw Allied Races as just more time gating. In the past, Blizzard used to let us roll them right when the expansion released. Not anymore. Every piece of content they include with expansions has to be hidden behind gates / time sinks to extend play. I still haven’t unlocked any of them, and I won’t.

3 Likes

I started late and didn’t play Alliance much. I did Mechagon zone on my first character to level, a Horde character, until reaching revered for flight, but never went back. Gee, I must not have liked the zone. When I found out I had to start again on that hateful zone to redo it on an Alliance character, I decided not to bother. If I wanted it now, it’s locked behind a dungeon. So more incentive not to play than to play at this point.

The Legion ones and the ones I had already earned I have unlocked.

Allied Races aren’t normal base races. So this is moot. Also: AR basically are cosmetics.

It’s quick and easy to level a character these days.

Allied Races were considered a prestige reward for people playing during that expansion to passively unlock as they played. So that’s why they’re still like this.

I have all the achieves for the vulpera completed but I can’t unlock the race? Maybe I missed something but Blizz was supposed to be working on it. That was like back in early Nov.

I believe I got the achievement for mechagnomes with all the stuff I did on horde. I just did it on my alliance when they came out? If you don’t want to level another toon I suggest you farm gold and boost a toon.

hon hon hon baguette eiffel tower

1 Like

mechagnome is the only one I have not unlocked, and I intend to keep it that way.

1 Like

Not a fan of unlocking playable races. Allied, brand new, whatever. Let players play what they want without jumping through any hoops.

3 Likes

I figured I’d post a follow up - after unlocking Mechagnome I decided to get my last race Kul Tirans.

I made a new Mechagnome, leveled to 50 & completed the three zones and war campaign (Pride of Kul Tiras, Nation United, and Tides of Vengeance).
I turned off experience after hitting 50 so I could still use dungeon finder.

My current playtime on the character is 31 hours, so if anyone was curious how long it would take to unlock Kul Tirans from scratch.
It was honestly awful though, truly some of the worst aspects of questing, and I can’t imagine doing it without flying, and I still think all the races should just be unlocked for everyone.

no , we already paid for them just let them be FREE

Do you really want to play as a mechagnome? All of their pants transmogs are diapers.

Don’t get me wrong. If that’s your thing, I apologize for my previous statement.

I just mean there aren’t very many options in terms of what you can use to cover the bottom half of yourself. :stuck_out_tongue:

To be fair to the OP I do seem to recall some hubbub about when SL dropped previous AR would be made unlocked.

Maybe I’m incorrectly remembering. The topic was of no interest to me as I had already earned them all. That Argus questing. Still hate the void elves.