Can't believe Allied Races still aren't unlocked for all

I play horde, only one I don’t have unlocked on alliance is kul’tiran because i haven’t done the alliance war campaign, they’ve removed rep requirements from the rest, for the most part it’s an achievement and a questline, just takes a little time, most of the grind is gone (most, not all)

Do you still have to kill King Mechagon to get gnomes?

1 Like

If that’s part of the achievement.

I never did the fat humans or diaper gnomes, since i think they both required dungeons and/or raids, I don’t remember for sure. Did everything else but requiring group content for an unlock means I’m just not gonna do it :woman_shrugging:t2:

what iz dis? unlockable features needz to be un-locked? Zay it izn’t so! /french accent hu-huh!

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/clarifying-the-process-for-unlocking-mechagnomes/410713

Here’s something for you.

2 Likes

Right on, that’s your choice.

These are races, not cosmetics or items, and have always been free from the start in every previous expansion.

Should someone who is new to Alliance and really wants to make a Mechagnome have to dedicate days/weeks of time to play as the race they want and then what, start a new character? or just buy a race change?

Wow players are notorious for “wahh unlock it yourself” attitudes for anything they’ve already unlocked, they’ll literally defend the worst gameplay/features just because they’re used to it.

4 Likes

You can do everything but the final quest on your horde character. The achievements are account wide. You do need a level 50 Alliance character to complete the quest from the Embassy, but that’s true for all but the ones that opened up in Legion.

I didn’t do Suramar on any of my Horde characters, but I got the achievement needed on my Alliance main and unlocked Nightborne. Same with Highmountain Tauren. Most of the work was done on the opposite faction. The only ones I don’t have unlocked are the Zandalari Trolls.

You can’t race change to an Allied Race you haven’t unlocked.

1 Like

I think this is what Blizz hopes people will do.

I unlocked each allied race as they first came out and I still agree with you. I think once we move to the next expansion, the previous ones’ ARs should be automatic.

Earned new races now outnumbers the “free” new races. So in essence THIS is the standard way to get new races. Welcome to the new normal. Start the achievs or dont.

I’m not saying race change to one you haven’t unlocked, I’m saying you dedicate all this time to a character and feel somewhat invested in them, but their whole purpose is just to unlock the race you actually want - so do you start over or just race change the character you unlocked them on?
Knowing Activision it probably is to squeeze as much microtransation money as they can.

I do actually have a level 51 Alliance character but the quests are actually bugged for me and I’ve been talking with a GM, then made this post lol.

The process is still a hassle, especially for new comers that don’t know WoW like a veteran, and it sours the character creation process.

1 Like

I always saw Allied Races as just more time gating. In the past, Blizzard used to let us roll them right when the expansion released. Not anymore. Every piece of content they include with expansions has to be hidden behind gates / time sinks to extend play. I still haven’t unlocked any of them, and I won’t.

3 Likes

I started late and didn’t play Alliance much. I did Mechagon zone on my first character to level, a Horde character, until reaching revered for flight, but never went back. Gee, I must not have liked the zone. When I found out I had to start again on that hateful zone to redo it on an Alliance character, I decided not to bother. If I wanted it now, it’s locked behind a dungeon. So more incentive not to play than to play at this point.

The Legion ones and the ones I had already earned I have unlocked.

Allied Races aren’t normal base races. So this is moot. Also: AR basically are cosmetics.

It’s quick and easy to level a character these days.

Allied Races were considered a prestige reward for people playing during that expansion to passively unlock as they played. So that’s why they’re still like this.

I have all the achieves for the vulpera completed but I can’t unlock the race? Maybe I missed something but Blizz was supposed to be working on it. That was like back in early Nov.

I believe I got the achievement for mechagnomes with all the stuff I did on horde. I just did it on my alliance when they came out? If you don’t want to level another toon I suggest you farm gold and boost a toon.

hon hon hon baguette eiffel tower

1 Like

mechagnome is the only one I have not unlocked, and I intend to keep it that way.

1 Like

Not a fan of unlocking playable races. Allied, brand new, whatever. Let players play what they want without jumping through any hoops.

3 Likes