Can't access guild chat on just one character

I haven’t used the WoW companion app for a long time, but I tried it today and found I can’t access guild or community chat on my main character. Tapping the banners on the community screen does nothing. I can get the menu with options by tapping the three dots on the right, but can’t bring up the actual chat screen.

Guild chat is working fine on every other character I’ve tried. Changing characters obviously doesn’t help, nor does logging out and back in.

None of my other characters are in the same guild as my main, so I don’t know if this is a character problem or a guild problem. I also don’t have any other characters in any communities (as opposed to guilds) so I don’t know if that’s a factor either.

I’ve got an iPhone 12 with iOS 14.2.

I’ve noticed something else that seems meaningful: on all of my other characters, when I hit the “Communities” button on the app for the first time after logging in as the character, the banner for the character’s guild appears within about half a second. On my main, the guild banner takes 3-5 seconds to appear. This delay happens every time I switch to that character without fail.

I assume the app is doing something different on this character, perhaps because for some reason it can’t access information on the character’s guild the normal way so it switches to some fallback mechanism, which isn’t working properly.

I have no idea what’s making the difference here. I have characters that have joined guilds at earlier and later times, with guilds based on the same server as the character and on different servers.

This character is my main, by the way: Ismat, in guild From Chaos, both on Suramar server.

Update: I was able to fix the issue by deleting and reinstalling the app.